We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

London
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

You wait all bloody year for a well earned break, then someone throws a spanner in the works!!

Fingers crossed it will not happen and p*ss us all off, more so those who may be flying out on the 30th June.

Gooner

whitehaven,cumbria
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

And the the 27th june gooner coz if so i'll walk it to gumbet hahahahha

London
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Jockster, I will walk with you if they bring it forward. I fly out on the 26th. Fingers crossed that it don't go ahead.

leeds
Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

I am due to go on the 30th :(

London
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Hi Shelley123Lee,

Fingers crossed that it won't happen but it is always worth looking at the news. Here is the link to the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13778385 and here is another good link.

travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2011/06/16/37387…

Hope your not caught up in it.

Gooner

london
Level Contributor
264 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are due to fly out on 30th at 5.30am,I've been so excited about my holiday until now, I can't believe this, like many others I've been waiting all year to go on holiday and finally it's round the corner and this happens.

Thanks gooner for posting those links, although I was aware of the strike, I didn't know air traffic controllers were involved too.

I just hope that people traveling on the 30th don't have too many problems flying out. X

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

I fly out the 27th but have family coming to meet us and they are flying out 30th. I have just phoned them to tell them , they really worried now and dont know what will happen, does anyone know .

London
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Hi all,

I have sent an email to Gatwick customer services. I have asked that they post information on the web site/national press or at least give some indication of what is going to happen sooner rather than later, when thousands of families with young children turn up in the hope of getting away on holiday. If I get anything back I will post it straight away.

Fingers crossed we all get away?

Gooner

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
158 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Thanks gooner,

much appreciated

Irene

london
Level Contributor
201 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Hello ... I normally just lurk and never post on the gumbet form but I am a travel agent and thought this e amail I just received would make you feel better!

Air traffic control company NATS has stated that none of its staff will take part in the public sector mass walk out planned for June 30. NATS stated its members included air traffic controllers who would be joining the protest but NATS has confirmed that none of its employees who work at the 15 main UK airports would be striking. They will not be striking. Airport immigration staff are, however, represented by PCS and will be walking out on June 30. Meanwhile airport operator BAA said that they would only have details of the likely impact of the strike nearer the time.

Immigration staff should not have much impact on departures ... i hope !

London
Level Contributor
157 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UK airports to be drawn into 'mass strike'

Hi Julie90,

Thanks for the update, I am sure those who fly out on the 30th will be happy with the update. I too have had a return email from Gatwick. Customer services at the airport have stated that they will comment only nearer the time and if action is to be confirmed? Not a lot of good if they post an update on the 29th or the 30th!!!

Only other option is to contact your airline directly for updates.

Rgds

Gooner

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations