We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gumbet in September?

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prestwick, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gumbet in September?

I'm looking to head to Gumbet in September, and just wondering what it will be like? I've been to Gumbet/Bodrum in the past, but it was quite a few years back so I don't have a lot of memory of it sadly!

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me where is a good standard self catering place to stay (looking at Queen Resort Hotel??) and what it will be like in September e.g. good nightlife (not looking for magaluf, malia standard - been there, done that!) for 18/19yr olds and things to do etc?

Thanks so much!xx

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,499 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gumbet in September?

September is a nice time.All the booze bunnies have gone home :),the weather is still sunbathing hot and the sea like a warm bath.

Good S/C accomodation includes Tropicana right on the beach,Seray Class just back from it,Greenhouse similar location(opp.Queens),Özukara,top of the town near the round about.

2. Re: Gumbet in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2012, 18:27
Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gumbet in September?

hi Caitlinc,

we went last 2 weeks of August last year and going the same again this year and it was very hot indeed!

you have to ask yourself if you really want to do self-catering,because the price between the SC and HB are not that much more.

check out the Sami Beach hotel,it looks really nice,bang on the beach,5 mins to Bar St and very reasonably priced.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gumbet in September?

It depends on whether you want to be tied to a hotel room or have more facilities with a self-catering option - do you want to be tied to mealtimes or do you want to do your own thing?

As has been said, good self-catering options are Greenhouse, Queen Resort, Ozukara II - these are all pretty central.

Jak xx

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gumbet in September?

Hi Caitlin

I go to gumbet in May and September every year, these are both lovely times to go - may becauase he madness hasnt really begun and September becauase becauase the madness is calming down, its great weather is normally lovely, last year there was a heat wave but it was still very bareable, thank god for A/C, I always stay at the Seray Class Apartments, fab place, near the beach and not far from restaurants and bars, staff, food and atmosphere at the Seray are second to none, its my second home at this stage, give it a try

Enjoy your hols

Mia

derry northern...
14 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Gumbet in September?

hi

caitlin we always went august time, this is our first year going september 3rd.... we always stay at the la maision great s/c.... john the bar bar makes great home made chips loads on offer at the pool bar... the pool is lovely, the rooms a basic but very very clean... would highly reccomend this place and is only a 2min walk to bar street and a 5 min walk to the beach...

all the best lorraine xx

7. Re: Gumbet in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:15
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations