We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much spending money to take?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
How much spending money to take?

Hi :)

I Was wanting to know how much would I need to take for 2 weeks in turkey (last week in june/1st week July) for me and my boyfriend. Never been to turkey before :).. We are staying in the turihan beach which is a bnb. We will be eating out every night and will be drinking nearly every day, we also will want to do day trips and excursions etc,,

Any info much appreciated :) thanks,

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much spending money to take?

Hi, There's been a few questions on this and it seems around £50 each per day. However, if you can afford to take more for impulse purchases, you can always bring it back!

Take enough lira for the first day and change the rest in resort.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
247 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much spending money to take?

Hi Lynn,

we went HB last year,so on that basis we were buying the odd breakfast,lunch and all drinks for 2 weeks.

we took £750,which worked out to 1800TL,which was just enough for the 3 of us,so personally i would recommend taking about £1000 to £1200 on a B&B basis,

hope that helps,David.

Antrim, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How much spending money to take?

hi we go s.c and we budget for about £100 per day for food and drinks we are 2 adults and a 14 yr old .who eats like an adult few tips buy a few bottles of your fav tipple at duty free as imported drinks can be expensive. last year pints started at 5 lire and went up to 8 (bar street} but it seems exchange rate is better this year. boat trip is a must also you can get free turkish bath with other trips. enjoy ur hols rgs paul

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How much spending money to take?

we normally spend around £100 a day, 2 adults, 2 children and LOTS of shopping ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much spending money to take?

Same for us KediYavrusu. We buy drinks from duty free at Gatwick and have a tipple or two before we go out for meals, my husband drinks beer but I tend to stick to soft drinks. We don't have a 3 course meal each night as we find the portions to be HUGE and we tend to eat a salad or bread etc for lunch as we stay self-catering. Always find it too hot to go out a lot during the day.

Still manage to put on lots of weight so eating far more than we do at home!! CG x

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much spending money to take?

thanks everyone for the feedback.. have a better idea now what to bring

now to start saving :)

derby
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How much spending money to take?

how much spending money would you recommend a 18 year old girl to take for a week in bodrum. x

Derbyshire
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much spending money to take?

Are you going AI, HB, B&B or S/C?

Will you be clubbing every night?

Will you want to buy any gifts - gold, silver, clothes etc?

Will you be going on any trips - Ephesus, boat trips etc?

derby
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How much spending money to take?

We're in bed and breakfast. I will ne going out at night but I don't drink a lot.

London
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: How much spending money to take?

Hi, I am a 23 yr old guy going to Bodrum for a week and wanted to get an idea of how much to bring. we will be drinking a fair bit but I was hoping to go on some excursions too.

As an estimate, i am considering 1000TL for the week, approx 140TL a day. Any feedback on whether this would go far or not would be much appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations