We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Milk

Glasgow
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
Milk

I love cereal in the morning and mum drinks tea all the time. We are going s/c and would like to know what the milk's like? We use semi skimmed mile, oh Im worried its going to be disgusting.

Is it ok? Or should I just have water on my cereal haha.

Iona

whitehaven,cumbria
Level Contributor
529 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Milk

there are loads of little supermarkets who sell milk and it just tastes like in the uk so milk with your cereal lol

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Milk

Yeah, no problem - we use UHT milk as it tends to last a bit longer.

Jak xx

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Milk

Fresh milk in Turkish is 'gunluk sut'.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Milk

Well I think it all depends really on your taste as to whether you will think it is disgusting or not. I love cereal in the mornings but there is no way I could drink uht milk on my cereal - yuk! I actually gave up having cereal for breakfast when I lived in Turkey because of that very reason!

There is good news though as you can get normal fresh milk too but only in the bigger supermarkets. It is called Taze Sut or Gunluk Sut and is just the same as our milk at home although it doesn't last very long, 2 days at most.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Milk

oh thank you soooooo much. I dont mind I'll buy it every 2 days if need be. I am so happy now. Was worried, I just dont think I could have had uht milk. Oh thanks again guys!! Hope its colour co-ordinated, I'll be asking for green milk and they'll think Im off my head, haha. Ix

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Milk

At home I can use UHT milk on cereal and in drinks if its fully skimmed but I can't stand the taste of it semi skimmed. Must be the taste of the fat that changes when it's UHT treated? Not sure if it will be the same there but it's just a consideration if you don't see fresh milk when you want it xx

7. Re: Milk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 23:42
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations