We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

Hi there,

We need to book quickly and have a choice of the following all around the same price. Sami beach, summer gardens or la rosa.

2 adults not into too much noise but also like enough to do, nice beaches, food and we are on a budget. All tips very welcome as we have not been to turkey before.

Thanks,

Daisy.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

I have stayed at the Sami loads of times and it's fine. Basic, as most hotels are, but clean. Food good, not all English which we like, but others may not so much. Excellent position in the resort, central but far enough away from the noise to get a good night's sleep. Own bit of beach in a nice spot at the head of the horseshoe shaped bay.

I would never stay in the Sami 'annexe' as its up loads of steps and across the road from the main hotel. I have noticed that they are advertising on some sites with the rooms all separately categorised, the annexe specified separately, which they haven't done before. Air con was always included in the price but I notice on some sites that you can pay the room price with or without it included.

We didn't book it this year as rumours were it was going AI, which I don't want. It was then slow to advertise with British operators so, to take advantage of the early cheap flights we booked somewhere else. I'd deffo stay at the Sami again though.

Hope this helps.

Edited: 09 June 2012, 19:01
Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

It helps a lot bring me sunshine, thanks a million. What do you mean by going AI? Also only one of us working at present so cash is tight if you can recommend good quality low cost places to eat and places to avoid that would be great. We will only have around €600 between us which to be honest were not used to:-). Thanks again.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

AI means all inclusive. If you are on a tight budget and the price you have for Sami Beach is AI then you will be fine with limited spending money.

Summer Gardens is in Bitez, not Gümbet.

Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

Thanks kadiayarusu, not all inclusive on my deal possibly because I'm booking from Ireland. Which resort would you recommend? Not fussed as our first time in turkey. Just want a nice location

, nice accommodation, and enough to do without being full of nightlife. Cheers for your input.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

Bitez is lovely if you want relaxation and a faiy quiet chilled holiday. If you prefer somewhere livelier then Gümbet would be best.

Summer Gardens are nice apartments and the beach is nicer in Bitez.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

Just to add to Kedi's excellent summary - we are in our 50's but still prefer Gumbet. Bitez is lovely and we usually go there for a day but, it's a bit too quiet for us. Bitez does have a the nicer beach of the two but, as we are only going to hop on a sunbed, it doesn't make much difference haha!! We like the choice of the entertainment bars some nights and quieter bars other nights that Gumbet has to offer. We also spend a few nights in Bodrum which has a different feel to it again.

Dublingal, you will find eating to suit your budget easily In Gumbet, from a kebab where the locals eat to full meals. Prices are advertised at eateries so that you can budget. Can you run to half board, which is what we book? That would save you some meals out and is often not much more than B&B prices.

With that info you can make your choice to suit. Have fun xx

7. Re: Which hotel / apts gumbet area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 03:41
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations