We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well guys its just terrible - now Ocean Jewellery have also been fined for just talking with an old customer - what are the authorities doing - Cagatay and Angel are professional at that they do and really dont need to hassle anyone, everyone want to expand their cliental but not with pressure. These guys know what they are doing and play by the rules - if you need to contact them they are at Pacific Jewellery beside Royal Astirik for the moment, keep in touch with them - none of these well establsihed businesses should be made suffer like this, they are trying to make a living and tourists are there to treat themselves - Authorities give them all a break

Mia

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
620 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats bad can honestly say that in all the times we have been to Gumbet have never once been hassled to go in a jewellers, even when we have been looking in the windows no one has approached us. Sometimes there are ven sat on stools at the other side of the road not even at the shop so how can they hassle you.

Janice xx

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
620 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry its me again but just a bit worried because we have been going for many years and know many people that work in the bars and restaurants we always stop and have a chat to them on our wonder around at night this is putting me of incase we get them into trouble. I bet other people are feeling the same. One of our friends as soon as we arrive in the centre on our 1st night always runs over and greets us maybe that will not happen this year.

Janice xx

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi janice

Oh I know what your saying - Im travelling there for a good few years now and know quite a few people - its terrible they are afraid to move, you just have to make sure that you enter their premises to greet them - this way its not seen as hassle - just shocking isnt it

Mia

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that aggressive hassle has bothered visitors in the past but, blimey has the authority clampdown gone over the top or what. I would like to lend my support to Ocean too. We bought my wedding and engagement rings from them last year and they were the essence of politeness and so respectful. I would expect them to greet me when I see them again but, clearly they can't do right for doing wrong.

I think by shutting the businesses we want to patronise, the authorities are in danger of peeing off tourists more than the hassle ever did!!

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
620 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to agree with you there.

Janice x

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your dead rite wouldnt you think them total rude if they didnt greet you to their country again, expecially after buying from the previously - its such a shame that anyone should suffer like this and they are only trying to earn a living

mia

7. Re: Ocean Jewellery - fined aswell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 02:15
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations