We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Going Solo for the first time

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Going Solo for the first time

Hello, I've been to Gumbet twice before but this July will be my first time going alone. I've got plans to meet friends in the evenings so I'm all sorted there. But just wondered if anyone had any suggestions for what i could do in the days? unsure about going on boat trips and things on my own?

thanks xx

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
1,093 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Going Solo for the first time

You will be fine on boat trips, I often go on boat trips on my own and by the end you will have gained a few friends

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Don't worry, you'll be fine on your own. Boat trips are great for spending a fantastic day and having others to chat to. Also, don't know where you are staying, but you can usually get chatting to people round the pool or on the beach.

There are some nice bars where you can go and sit on your own - I am often on my own and feel comfortable at the Captain's Bar & Grill (next door to Kaptan Kemal apartments), Al Capones (near Paradise apartments), Radio Pub (opposite Green House apartments). I'm sure you'll find a place where you can sit and feel comfortable and spend time people watching or reading a book.

Jak xx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Thats great thanks guys

I'm staying at Bagevleri, not stayed there before but I've heard good things, although I'm not sure whereabouts it is?!

xx

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Going Solo for the first time

The Bagevleri is in a good position. If you know where Tempo Bar is (near Red Dragon restaurant), it's down the road that leads up to the windmills from there (on the left hand side, nearly opposite Cafe Colombia).

Jak xx

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Going Solo for the first time

ahhh ok yeah I know where that is

thank you :) xx

Nottingham...
Level Contributor
26 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Hi Jade

Let me know how you get on, i've been twice with friends but thinking of going alone myself later this year. Like you I know i'll be fine on an evening and i'll have friends to walk me back to my hotel, but i can't help worrying about feeling silly during the day. There's only so much sunbathing you can do before getting bored!

Hannah x

Level Contributor
67 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Hi Jade,don't worry u will be fine in Gumbet on your own.I been in Gumbet 3 times before-1 time with my friend and 2 on my own.And I loved it on my own so much!It is freedom,great way to meet new people and make new friends.Last time I been on my own in the beginning of June.Meet so many nice people.We are keeping in touch now.I will be goin back in September to Gumbet,flying from Scotland and my new friend lady from south of England why I met in Gumbet in June will be coming to Gumbet too,so we will spend our hol together.Can't wait until September!We will be stayin at Bagevleri too.Have a nice holiday!

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Hi there

Gumbet is one place that I can safely say its heaven to be on your own, I did it for many years and I have met so many good friends as a result, you will always meet someone by the pool, on the beach or at the bar, never did I feel foolish, people are so friendly over there and you will alway meet other tourists

You go girl - enjoy the hols you will be glad you ventured on your own

Mia

England
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Hi Jade

I have been to Gumbet on my own for the last 3 years ( I also go with my family as well) and everyone who has replied is right you do meet some lovely friendly people. I think possibly you make more effort to mix with people when you are on your own!

I have never felt lonely or threaten by being alone in Gumbet. Obviously keep your wits about you and be sensible just as you would anywhere.

I'm going back to Gumbet in September and can't wait.

Jakki can you advise me where to go now that cheers has gone?

Have fun and enjoy the peace and quiet of being on your own!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Going Solo for the first time

Well Cheers has reopened but with different staff so it's just not the Cheers it was so I wouldn't bother trying there. For a nice chillaxed evening, you could try Captain's Bar & Grill (if you remember Cash from Cheers, he's working there now) or you could try Al Capone's (Cengiz from Cheers is working there).

There's nowhere I've found that's just like Cheers (it was different from other bars somehow) - hope you find somewhere you like.

Jak xx

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations