We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

serhan hotel

Romford, England...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
serhan hotel

hiya

can any let me know plz if there is a fridge in the room - so we can buy milk to make teas - it only mentions that it has a minibar - so am not sure

many thnks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: serhan hotel

No there is no fridge - and to be honest, I've stayed there umpteen times and never yet seen a minibar either!!

Jak xx

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: serhan hotel

My bother stayed at the serhan quite relaxing hotel..there are no fridges in any of the rooms nor are you allowed to take food or drink into the hotel bought elsewhere..there's a large notice saying so as you enter the hotel

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: serhan hotel

Yes you're right, there is a big sign at the door but if you don't flaunt it, you can take in drinks/snacks that you are going to eat in your room. The sign is mainly for those who want to take them in to eat/drink round the pool.

I have always taken my travel kettle and taken in water, milk, pop, crisps and biscuits - the staff know about this but they are strictly for consumption in my room and not round the pool. If I'm round the pool. I buy what I want from the bar.

Jak xx

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: serhan hotel

I still think the no fridge thing is a ploy to make more from bar sales..Its really unbearable during hot humid nights not to have a cold drink in a fridge

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: serhan hotel

It isn't usual for hotel rooms in Gumbet to have fridges - unless you're paying top wack of course. The Serhan is a budget hotel and so I have never expected a fridge in the rooms.

Jak xx

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: serhan hotel

Siesta apartments and tropicana both had fridges and All places I stayed in Kusadasi had fridges

Jasmin also had fridges

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: serhan hotel

Siesta, Tropicana and Jasmine are all apartments so they would have a fridge. Serhan is a hotel and you don't get fridges in hotel rooms as a rule.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: serhan hotel

Yes, if you go self-catering, you can expect a fridge but as Kedi says, the Serhan is a hotel so I wouldn't expect a fridge.

Jak xx

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: serhan hotel

Every hotel I have worked in as a chef whatever star rating had either a mini bar or fridge.

Every hotel I have stayed in from Greece.tenerife.Turkey and majorca the lower star hotels had fridges..the all inclusive all had mini bars.

Self Catering or a hotel the Serhan can not be classed as a good thing and customers guests not to expect a fridge..If so then you are saying that the self catering apartments offer more and are better equipped?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: serhan hotel

Of course self catering apartments are going to better equipped. Hotels are not usually equipped with anything.

I would never expect a fridge in a hotel and I have never been in a hotel that has had a fridge in the room either.

Edited: 29 June 2012, 14:01
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations