We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest vodka bar?

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TheSunshine2008
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest vodka bar?

Reading some of the posts it seems the prices for a spirit and mixer have gone up since last year?

I remember the best place we found was an open bar near the Central Bar (like underneath it) and I think they were doing a vodka and energy drink for 5 lira. This was two years ago though.

Is there much of a watering down culture here? I never noticed too much as we'd always drink in the hotel room first!

Even local vodka to buy and take home seemed steep unless it was raki!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

I am disappointed to say that some of the cocktails and spirits/mixers round and about are definitely lacking in alcohol, and are being charged premium price for. I drank a few cocktails and spirits with mixers and never felt so much as tipsy, and I'm no drinker. Two halves at home and I'm giddy!! Even some of the draught Efes was iffy IMO, we changed to bottles after a couple of days. I stopped buying cocktails for this reason, might as well order fruit juice or milk shake and save a bob!!

Sunshine 20 - if you mean Cafe Class, it's closed down and taken over by an extended Hollywood Bar and their prices are in line with those already quoted.

I love Gumbet but it saddens me that we are being scammed somewhat. That said, if the bar owners think we haven't noticed, they're very wrong.

Edited: 12 July 2012, 16:29
TheSunshine2008
Level Contributor
165 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

Yeah I think that's the one. Shame to hear about you being ripped off! Christ, i'm going to have to find something bottled that isn't wine or beer. Looks like coke then lol

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

For a decent vodka and mixer, try staying away from the area around Pasha (old Central Bar) - there are bars where you can get a decent measure of vodka and not pay anything like Bar Street prices.

Sunshine20, it's true that even local vodka isn't cheap in Turkey - alcohol is highly taxed over there.

Jak xx

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

I don't do the main Bar Street bars (ie those around X Bar and Pasha), the ones where we found had poor quality drinks were the family party bars. Not much to choose between them all either. Jak maybe right that the smaller bars right away from the main strip probs have the better measures.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

Yeah, family party bars are nearly as bad - if you go to the smaller bars, then you do tend to get larger measures. There are some lovely bars away from the main drag - you can hear yourself think, have a good laugh and get a larger measure as well.

Jak xx

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
583 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

We found Molly Malones had the strongest Vodka Redbulls also their cocktails also had spirits in them.

Janice x

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

The sad thing is we love all the party bars and have known all the guys that work in them for years. I don't blame them and still like to have a laugh with them, it's the bar owners that are ripping their customers off. It meant that we spent less time and money in them than we usually do, so they actually made a loss from us.

Hastings, East...
Level Contributor
40 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

Molly Malones still doing decent alcohol for a decent price. Local brand vodka 8lira this year they are charging around 15 lira up bar street. Also the thing with Molly's stand at the bar and watch the amount of alcohol that gets put into your cocktails and fishbowls - you won't be disappointed

9. Re: Cheapest vodka bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations