We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money

4 posts
Save Topic
Money

How much should you take to gumbet for 2 weeks ?

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money

Well that depends on what board you are staying, what you intend to spend your money on and whether you like to drink a lot.

4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Money

I am going as bed and breakfast. I was just wondring how much eating out will cost and the prices of alcohol are,

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money

We are a family, 2 adults & 2 children. We go self catering and spend about £100 a day. We don't drink much, just a couple of beers but we do shop quite a bit.

I don't know if that helps you budget at all.

Alcohol can be quite expensive unless you drink beer. Imported drinks are very expensive.

4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Money

yea that helps a bit, thanks. would you say around £800 for 2 weeks would be enough?

thanks

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money

Yes I should think so.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
440 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money

We are a mature couple, we go half board (because it's not much dearer than B&B) but eat out a few nights as well, we go out every night but are not big drinkers (we do the party bars and other bars but not Bar Street), we do some shopping, we don't do trips but every couple of days we set off on the dolmus all around the peninsular, we have a blow out in Bodrum's heavy rock bar, Kule, a couple of nights (which is expensive drinking). We take £1000 for two weeks and are comfortable with that.

You can eat as cheap or expensive as you like but, if you are serious drinkers, and are going to do Bar Street to the small hours - that's where the main cost will be.

Make sure that you have budgeted for air conditioning, which can be expensive in main season if it's not included in your hotel cost and you'll need it for a good night's sleep, and for a safety deposit box for your money and documents.

Edited: 17 July 2012, 08:29
Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,294 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money

£800 for 2wks B&B :o if your'e a lone traveller,then fine,

as with bringmesunshine,we went HB last year,2 adults + 1 child and took £750,we had to tighten the purse strings on the last few days.

this year we are going AI and will be taking about £900,although we are planning on having a good time ;))

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
620 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money

We got back a couple of weeks there was 4 of us Myself hubby and 2 boys 20 and 14. We spent in total £1700 in 2 weeks. We were self catering but had breakfast and our evening meal out every night. We are not big drinkers so only had a couple with our eveing meal then a couple in one of the bars. that total included Airport parking, duty free, £40 visa, all meals, all drinks, shopping, photos we had done, air con, safe 2 trips on a Gulet. In fact we did everything we wanted. To eat out is cheap its the alchol that seems to cost. For our evening meals in most restaurants it was about 100 lira so £38 for all of us. I go to the supermarket in Bodrum and get things like crisps, bread, butter, milk, juice, ham, snacks so there is always something in our apartment to make a sandwich at lunch time its cheaper than buying from the apartments. Have fun

Janice xx

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money

hi was there in june, beer from 4 lira a pint draft to 7 lira depending on how much water is in it ,and it wont be bottled water,,, from 5 lira big bottle of efes,better you drink that i think ,,english breakfast from 4 lira,dont think the teas in with that price,but its there, in gumbet for 4 lira,the nearer the sea the mor expen,, food drink,,doner salad, rice 15 lira,meat balls same,,chicken chips 10,ish pending what type of chicken you want ,doner, leg ,half,ect,,,more expen is steak with chips salad,20 lira ish,lamb chops the same,,steak,lamb chops got expen about 3 years ago,,was half that price till the gov stopped importing it,,we were spending 60/70.pound a day it all depends how much u eat or drink,,but the prices i have given shoud give you a guide to what you can spend,,and the best place to get your lira we were told, is at the travel shop just before burger/king,/some cheap eating there at b/king../ hope some help to you,,have a good holiday bye ,,ps when u going we came back this sat and it was getting very very hot,,there,looks like a nother boiling season this last two july/ aug,,to hot for some,,,have fun,,

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money

ps //about 10 lira,ish for the cock/t for the ladys

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations