We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

another way

weston s mare
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Topic
another way

hi im staying at the JASMIN beach can anyone tell me another way to walk bk to the hotel as after reading some posts dont want to walk The beach way with my 13 year old daughter !

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: another way

Yes another way............but not so well lit. To be honest the 2 of you will be fine on that beach path, we've walked it many a time as 2 lone females without any trouble at all and at least it's pretty well lit

But if not, pass the beach path and the road curves to the right, head up or down the hill depending on whether your going or coming back and then down the street past the Mexican restaurant and your heading to the main street in Gumbet time wise it's not much difference

weston s mare
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: another way

so would you say the beach ways better? thank you for your reply

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: another way

As a general rule of thumb based on many visits to Gumbet, I always use the beach path going out unless we're heading to a specific restaurant at the other end. If I'm in a crowd we always use the beach path coming home, if just me and a friend (female) we do the main road or get a cab.............but with my partner (male) always the beach path. I think the posts your referring to were about lone females very late at night !

You'll get a good feel for the place once you arrive ;o)

weston s mare
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: another way

ok , i just didnt want to mayb walk that way with my daughter and it not b safe but most of the time i will be with my partner ( male) is it easy to get a taxi ?

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: another way

It's only really late at night / early hours of the morning when the beach path isn't busy, so you'll be fine. You can get a cab anywhere in Gumbet and there's a taxi office right outside the Jasmin :)

weston s mare
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: another way

yeah we wouldnt be out that late thanks for the advice

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,742 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: another way

If you are walking back not too late the beach way is perfectly safe, you will be with your daughter anyway. It is only unadvisable very late at night/early hours of the morning for girls alone anyway. Don't worry :-)

Belfast
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: another way

when you talk about walking from the jasmin via the beach do you mean the beach itself or is there a beach path?

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,008 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: another way

There's a proper beach path which goes right along the beachfront all the way around the bay.............well lit along the way..............

I thought there was an echo there for a minute Kedi ! :)

Bitez, Turkey
Level Contributor
315 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: another way

do not do not walk alone anywhere late at night when the beach hotels have finished there entertainment the beach is also not the most safe place to walk unless in big numbers . the back roads are not safe either girls on there own is a big no no late unless walked back by the boys which is what they do alot to make sure your safe.. girls with boys are safer .if anyone wants to say it is safe please dont as i to would have agreed and said i have walked miles alone safe with no bother but something happened to me this year which has stopped me doing this .. this was not on the beach though i must add it also happened to 2 swiss girls at the same place the police are looking at ctv my partner was meeting me at a point he always did but heard my screams as i was being dragged alone while they were not doing nice things to me so please girls we seem to have no fear when we have a little drink inside us we think nothing will happen this is not because gumbet is dangerours it so is very safe but there are some very different people working here this year gumbet is nice but just dont leave your marbles at home .have a lovely holiday as we no you will

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations