We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

gumbet food and drink prices

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
4 posts
Save Topic
gumbet food and drink prices

me and my girlfriend are going to gumbet next week were bringing about 1750 lira will that be plenty for a week and also wat are the prices of the drink and food over there at the moment

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

It really depends on what you drink and how often you eat out and what sort of meals you eat and how much shopping you do lol.

Sorry for all the ands probably need a bit more info before I can tell you if that would be enough.

All I can say is me and my boyfriend went last year and spend 2800 lira in the week plus £100 that was staying self catering doing boat trip, turkish bath and a couple of water sports I smoke and purchased 600 cigs 200 for the week and 200 each to take home. I also paid £60 for a tattoo and bought clothes and bags and watches.

ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

a thanks for the reply......and nah we don't smoke and don't plan doing boat trips and Turkish baths just water sports really!! were staying b@b also. is beer and alcohol in general cheap and the best places to eat.... thanks very much

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

Alcohol in general isn't cheap in Turkey as it's highly taxed. On Bar Street, it's expensive so you would be best avoiding drinking there.

You can eat and drink cheaply at Sandy's Bar in Gumbet - it's on the road out of Gumbet (the way the dolmus goes to Bodrum), the food is lovely, the drinks are cheap and it's a good place to start off the evening so you have some money left for the rest of the evening.

Jak xx

ireland
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

thanks very much that helps a lot!!

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

We ate out a lot in Gumbet as we were self catering.

The Columbia restaurant for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 15 year olds) was about 80TL - 110TL (£30-£40) for starter drink and main meal each and they had meal deals on the menu which encompassed all 3. Most expensive meal we had was at the Windmill (170TL - c£60). I reckon that for 4 people on average to eat out on a full meal it will cost around 130TL (about £45) all in. Drinks are about 2TL for water, about 4-5TL (£1,50 - £2) for Soft Drinks and about 7TL (c£2.50) for EFES Beer. We never went out on Bar Street (too loud to hear yourself shout), but prices did look a little more than these. I can say that we NEVER had a bad meal in the 2 weeks we were there.

We would recommend (for eating), Jacks Place, The Columbia and the Hong Kong (in Bodrum) for a superb Chinese meal.

By the way, if you get a chance, do go into Bodrum - it is absolutely gorgeous. It is a little more expensive, however, as it is more upmarket than Gumbet. Amazingly, we found 2 Starbucks and a Marks & Spencer (they get everywhere) in Bodrum.

By the way, you will love it in Gumbet & Bodrum - we are sold on the place.

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,841 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

alcohol is only cheapish if you drink big bottles of efes which are between 4lira and 7lira, they are cheapest in uncle festers at 4lira

other than that there not a big difference to home, infact id say spirits would be more expensive in bar street here than any high street in the UK.

food is similar,, you could eat out cheapily if you wanted to and have a lunch or evening meal for about 5-10lira if you look around hard enough but other than that id say an evening meal for 2 adults with a few drinks is on average between 60-100 lira (£20-35)

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

shane deff got to FIND, garys 4 lira a bottle place it must be the cheapest in turkey lol but are thay the small ones theres big and small, thats bottles lol,,we were there in june,,,,beer there is lots of draft beer in gumbet a bit to much water ect in some u coud end up with tummy probs so get bottles of efes if u can,from what we saw beer prices started at i did see a 5 lira a big bottle place somewere in the gumbet ,,but gen say from 5/7 lira big beer, and COCK/TAILS for the ladeys 10 lira,ish,,doner in the hand 5 lira,ish ,, on the plate meatballs chips salad 10/15 lira,chicken cheap cheap lol ,,but meat expen in turkey this last 3 years,,//,a,,steak meal about 8/10 pound,,lamb chops 6/7 pound,and fish 6/8 pound pending on size but like most holliday places the near a the sea,, the more, a bit expen but gumbet some nice ,places by the sea take a look some time,, have a good holiday bye

Edited: 18 August 2012, 19:31
belfast
Level Contributor
8 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

Beers starts At 4tl vodka 7tl cocktails 10tl and fish bowls 25tl you can eat for 2 from 20tl upwards we had kebab meat and chips one nite for 10tl each think the most expensive meal we had out was 85tl so look around and many ofeer dis ount or free bottle of wine to get u in

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

shane my prices were a guide not the cheapest,, like 10/15 lira,,//,10 in small place in town 15 ,ish down on the front,,,if you want to search around for the cheapest ok but dont forget cheap is not allways the best,,i did see beer at 4 lira it was the draft 3 of them to one big bottle of efes,for the strenth and u know whats in it just beer ,not what one turkish boy told me hope he was having a joke, lol,,BUT no one said about,the full/engish,at 5 lira,dont think it will be with the cup of tea that prob 5 lira,,but u never know theres a lot of comp in gumbet and its not as full as norm,,

Weymouth
Level Contributor
679 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: gumbet food and drink prices

We had a Full English Breakfast in Uncle festers for 6TL (c£2), which consisted of 1 sausage, 1 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms, tomato, baked beans and a slice of toast with butter and jam.

As Bazz says though, it is more expensive down on the beach, where we found you got hastled more. Often the good restaurants dont need to do that - Columbia and Jacks Place you actually had to wait to be sat down. The Windmill is a nice meal, more expensive with smaller portions, but the views over Gumbet beach are stunning.

Dont ignore Bodrum - though it is a little more pricey as the more well-heeled people go there. But it is very pretty. And you get less hastle from shopkeepers than you do in Gumbet.

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations