We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

holiday to gumbet

Carnforth, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
holiday to gumbet

hi looking at going to Gumbet next August for 10 days with hubby and 15yr old son, want a bit of relaxing, good shopping, and some interesting trips,also really wont to swim with some dolphines, would like a allinclusive hotel, with sport activities for my son, can anyone recommened area to go and any hotels , thanks sharon

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: holiday to gumbet

I hate to say it but you have opened a whole can of worms mentioning swimming with dolphins.

Please read the question IS IT A GOOD IDEA TO SWIM WITH DOLPHINS?

This is located on the left hand side of your screen in top questions about gumbet. I really hope after reading this thread it will change your mind about swimming with dolphins.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: holiday to gumbet

That should be right if the screen.

Please don't swim with dolphins in Turkey. They are kept in appalling conditions and treated very badly. The pools they are kept in are far to small and are not clean so not only do you have to think about the cruelty to the poor animals you also have to realise that the water can contain diseases that are dangerous for humans.

If you do a search under the Turkey forum on swimming with dolphins there are loads of posts about it. Have a read and I'm sure you will change your mind about going.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: holiday to gumbet

Sorry in regard to your other question the best AI hotel in Gümbet is WOW but it can be pricey. For a more affordable option have a look at Parkim Ayaz or Magnific.

Do be careful with the budget AI hotels as they are not so good. Have a read through the reviews before booking.

Carnforth, England...
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: holiday to gumbet

being a animal lover and reading about dolphines in turkey, I SHALL NOT BE SWIMMING WITH THEM

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: holiday to gumbet

Hi, Sharon I am so glad you have read up and made a good decision I too am an animal lover and would love to swim with dolphins so I am going to wait until we go on holiday somewhere I can do this in their natural environment where they are happy and not being kept as captive creatures.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: holiday to gumbet

So glad to hear that Sharon. You can do boat trips where you can sometimes see dolphins swimming in the wild.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: holiday to gumbet

I have to agree with Kedi, if your budget can afford it, then the WOW is perfect. The Royal Asarlik is good too - other "decent" AIs include Parkim Ayaz and Magnific, also Bodrum Beach Resort and Club Shark but they aren't a patch on the WOW.

Jak xx

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum Beach Resort
Bodrum Beach Resort
1,160 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
Shark Club
Shark Club
736 Reviews
Gumbet, Turkey
8. Re: holiday to gumbet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2013, 10:16
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations