We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Well that's it then!

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,641 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Well that's it then!

Another season over!

I hope you all had a great holiday in Gümbet this year and happy planning for those who are hoping to go visit next year. Gümbet will now go to sleep for the winter but there will still be this forum for anyone who has withdrawal symptoms or for those wanting to asks questions for next year. So don't be shy come on and have a natter through the winter months.

Kedi :-)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Well that's it then!

I think we will all be having withdrawal symptoms for our favourite spot in Bodrum so it would be great to keep some form of chat going over winter. Summer seems a long long way! It will be end of May / early June before I go again inşallah. Will be getting a bit of sun hopefully at Christmas in Agadir but a long wait

after that!

So come on and let us know : when will you take your next break to Turkey or elsewhere?

Anne

Edited: 03 November 2012, 20:55
rotherham
Level Contributor
3,755 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Well that's it then!

Hope you have a nice holiday at Christmas in Agadir Anne.

We will next be back in Turkey around the 18th of June again,but we usualy have a week at the begining of March to the Canary Islands or Tunisia.Do hope as Kedi and yourself say that members do come on the forums through the winter months just to keep us going..

Wendy

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Well that's it then!

I'm all booked for Gumbet for 2013.........10 days in July.....12 of us going to celebrate my hubbys birthday. Quite excited as neither the hubby or the other 10 have had the good fortune of visiting Gumbet before ! Whereas this will be my 8th time in 4 years ;o) I can't wait, just got so much organising to do between now & then to make it a birthday he'll remember :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Well that's it then!

Miss Chief -sounds like a great plan ! I am sure that with your own knowledge of Gumbet and all the regulars on here you will have a great time planning and it will be a birthday to remember for him!

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Well that's it then!

Thanks IrelandLovetotravel I'm really looking forward to it. I've got the added advantage of a friend who's heading to Gumbet in May, so I've teed her up to do some final preparation/sorting for me ;o)

Biggest issue is organising a private boat trip for the day for his actual birthday, we arrive on a Weds and his birthday is the Friday so not enough time to sort once there, got to get that planned and booked well beforehand. Hotel is already sorted for a special birthday meal on the Friday evening.

As there's so many of us I'm also going to pre-book some restaurants for various evenings..........

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Well that's it then!

Miss Chief you can book online..!

http://www.bitezbeach.com/siesta.htm

Have a look at that link the boat is for 12 people so you would have your own private party sorted!!! ;-))

It is so popular that you HAVE to book well in advance.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Well that's it then!

Thanks BB I'd already saved your link from another of your posts.....do you recall ? I don't think it was this boat though ? Perfect though as we're 12 & I wanted it private not shared. What's what with regards the boat being in Bitez & us in Gumbet ? Have you used this boat ? Good time, well looked after ? I obviously have 2 favourites in Gumbet mainly because of how lovely the crew are

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Well that's it then!

The boat we went on was Kelebek 11 which is AMAZING we hired it for five but it only takes eight so would not do for you.

Kelebek 11 and Siesta are known as the best trips by all the Bitez regulars

As you said ".Biggest issue is organising a private boat trip for the day for his actual birthday, we arrive on a Weds and his birthday is the Friday so not enough time to sort once there" my immediate thought was "Siesta" as it takes twelve perfect for you? As you can also book it online it would take the worry out of looking for one (with you not having enough time) Can you not book your favourite in Gumbet?

I have not had the pleasure (yet) of Siesta boat trip my friend goes on it EVERY TRIP as most people do once they have experienced it. The food is

very good and Zarif the captain is loved by everyone! I don't think it is loud if you are looking for noisy? I'm sure if you did decide you would love it. Why

don't you mail them (he has a Canadian partner) and ask could she put a "special trip on for you with your own requirements if you do decide?

P.S google it and you will see all the fanntastic reports ;-))

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Well that's it then!

Kedi,Can you tell me the name of the small hotel on the beach at the Saray Zetas end of Gumbet ?

I think you mentioned your hubby worked there.

We are thinking of returning next May.

UK
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Well that's it then!

Thanks BB.....see I do take note of your posts ;0)

I'm ahead of you & have already emailed them tonight explaining the situ & checking availability & prices. So fingers crossed they'll come back to me and I'll be sorted which will be a huge relief......thank you muchly for the recommendation.

It's surely meant to be with it being for the magic 12..,...we don't want "loud" that's for sure, not our scene any more !

I'll let you know.......

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations