We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
port talbot
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bugs

Hi all

We have been to turkey for the last 2 years in June but this year we are going to wow in bodrum but in September I was wondering if anyone travelling atthistime of year had any problems with bugs also is it far to gumbet

Thanx dawn

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bugs

What kind of bugs are you concerned about? As Sept is still quite hot there will be mosquitoes so be sure and use a repellant and bring some after bite in case. Taking a mild antihistamine each day helps also as if you are bitten they won't be as bad. A plug in repellant for your bedroom is also good and it keeps flies away too. Wasps are also more prevalent in Sept as well but we have those at home and same common sense applies.

shropshire
Level Contributor
235 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bugs

Plenty of mozzies around in September,get yourself a good repellent. Not seen any other bugs at the Wow. It's a nice 15 minute stroll to Gumbet along the beach.About 10-15 minutes on the dolmus to Bodrum which is a must.

port talbot
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bugs

Ok thanx for the replays

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bugs

Agree with the above good advice, mozzies are around in peak season mainly after dusk. Everyone has their own favourite preparations, I generally use the top strength (to be on the safe side) supermarket/Boots/Superdrug ones and they all work well. Before we go out in the evening we spray all exposed flesh (except our faces). We keep the apartment windows and doors closed after dusk, even though it can be very hot.....mozzie bites are worse. If we get the odd bite, we treat it straight away so that it doesn't get infected, and try to avoid scratching it with grubby fingernails! The pharmacies in Gumbet are used to helping tourists if you forget your repellent or with treating bites.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bugs

Hey everyone. I was in Ortakent, Yashi. about 5 years ago and was eaten alive by bugs. I had bites the size of 50 pence pieces all over my legs. Does anyone know what the bug life is like in June xxx

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bugs

Will be mozzies in June as well - it is the price we pay for the hot weather I am afraid.

No choice other than take all the precautions. There were several threads on this topic this time last year so if you type mosquitoes into the search box at top you will get everyone's favourite tip to keep them away.

Edited: 10 March 2013, 22:43
7. Re: Bugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2014, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations