We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mobile phone internet

notts
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
mobile phone internet

how much would a sim card with enough internet data cost for 1 week in turkey please

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mobile phone internet

Do you have a smart phone ? If so just turn off data roaming and use WiFi for internet which is free in many bars and restaurants in Turkey. You can also download the App Viber which you can send for free calls and texts to others with Viber.

notts
Level Contributor
418 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mobile phone internet

yes I have an android but wanted the internet all the time not bothered about calls or text

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: mobile phone internet

Sorry no idea about getting a SIM but know you can although I think you may need to register in a phone shop. I just use WiFi.

Type your question in the search facility at top of page as I know it has come up before or else someone will come along and answer to morrow.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: mobile phone internet

Unfortunately it's not as simple as you might think............

tripadvisor.co.uk/…41801646

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298661-i1330-k5…

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
203 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: mobile phone internet

We had a Turkish sim but had to get one of our Turkish friends to get it , we had to get a Turkish phone for it to work in and it was not as convenient or as simple as you would expect.

Now we turn off our roaming on our UK phones and use the Wifi at all the bars and clubs (they all have them and will give you the code if you ask).

Avril

istanbul
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: mobile phone internet

it is very simle you go to a turkcell sim shop, get a new sim which will cost you about 35 liras, it will be activated in a second, than you can add extra liras on it, for internet 1GB data is 25 liras (mounth) and 4GB is 40 liras

martin

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,768 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: mobile phone internet

It isn't quite as simple as that Martin, if you have a UK phone you have to register it first. It used to be very easy but they have made it more complicated over the last few years.

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
606 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: mobile phone internet

Where you staying cause some of the apartments have fee wifi and most of the bars have it. My children were always on the internet must admit I was also. We never changed sims just used what we had.

Janice x

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: mobile phone internet

As said above, not a particularly simple process! Took most of an afternoon to sort my Turkish sim out and that was with my Turkish friend doing it for me! If I'd know how much hassle it would be, I wouldn't have bothered!!

Hastings, East...
Level Contributor
41 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: mobile phone internet

Nearly everywhere in Gumbet has free wifi now, really dont need anything else

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations