We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peters Place, your honest opinions

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi can anyone tell me exactly where this restaurant is.

I've noticed it is No.1 on here and thought maybe we would try it this year.

We've always liked Jack's Place, but tried the Divers last year (No.1 at the time) only to be dissapointed.

Would appreciate some honest opinions and possibly other restaurants that we can try, bearing in mind we like the type of ambience that Jacks creates.

Thanks

Gumbet, Turkey
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi,

I am the owner of Peters Place and while I cant give you an unbiased opinion on our restaurant I can

tell you where we are and help with any other questions you have, We are the other side of gumbet to Jacks place, past smileys/Chinatown and down to the left, we are just off the main road and the restaurant has a relaxed atmosphere music is in the background. Our menu is small but a mix of our favourite Turkish and European dishes. I am Irish and my husband is Turkish. If you use facebook we have a page and our menu is on there, we offer free taxi service from any gumbet hotel so if you feel it is too hot to walk to us please get a taxi and we will pay when you arrive.

Hope to see you when you come,

Sarah

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,576 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Sarah, it's nice that you came on and admitted you were part of the set up - so many places would just come on and give a great write-up without saying who they were!! I love the area of Gumbet where your place is .... much my favourite place to be. I remember how before you set your place up, it was looking so sad and empty down there ..... I will be calling in this August and look forward to meeting you. Since the death of my partner and me having to move back to the UK, it's not always easy to find somewhere that I feel comfortable to eat on my own but will be trying your place this August :-)

Jak xx

dublin
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi Sarah,

Myself, my partner and our 2 teenage girls are heading to Gumbet on the 15th of June for 2 weeks and hope to eat in your restaurant the next day Sunday the 16th. We have been to Turkey several times but this will be our first visit to Gumbet. I was curious are you far from the Siesta Beach apartments.

Cheers Tammy

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for your honest reply.

We have stayed up that end of town in the Queens Resort and the Bronze and have most probably walked past your place plenty of times on our way down to the seafront in the evenings, without even realising!!

We are staying at the Greenhouse apartments in a couple of weeks time and will definately visit you one evening.

Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

We are staying in gumbet 29th of may for 2 weeks looking to try some new places to eat so Will pop in Ian

Dudley, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

We did peters last year as it was No 1 found it nice and the food was lovely however they were small meals for what you pay so still needed a kebab later that night we only went once and much prefer the Columbia for more filling meal

also had chicken anatolia at uncle feste s simply brilliant

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

agree with philalison.

the meals are more like snacks!

much better places in Gumbet to eat and much better value than Peters Place.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
134 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Myself and OH ate here several times last year during our 2 weeks in Gumbet (Sep 2012) as it was right next to our Apartment "Green House",

The food was great, beautifuly presented and you could see the chefs cooking away in the open plan kitchen, nothing was too much trouble for them.......

everything on the menu was delicious especilay the wraps and Steaks .....

I have left several reviews for many places during my visit and must say that this was my favourite place to eat and relax... great staff, lovely food relaxing ambience and a great wine list to choose from ( they even went out for Bacardi one day as had ran out, nice touch I thought) and not as expensive as other places in Gumbet .........................

I even left them some TA stickers with Cengis to put up around the place as it really is a great place and after only a short time opening it has already made its mark ........

Keep up the good work Cengis,Orhan and Sinan

Cheers

Maz n Steve (Newcastle)

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
222 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi Sarah been to Gumbet the last nine years have herd a Lot about your restaurant 21 of us in September will be giving it a try see you September.

Gumbet, Turkey
Level Contributor
10 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Peters Place, your honest opinions

Hi Jak, thanks for posting I should probably check this forum more but with a baby who's just started crawling and walking he likes to tap the computer more than me :). We would love to see you when you come. Our restaurant is named after my brother who died in October 2011 age 27. I am sorry to hear about your husband. Hope to see you when you come. Sarah

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet