We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Basildon, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

Hi

I am going to Gumbet on the 6th of June with a friend for the 1st time in Turkey. Any advice people can give me on the following would be fantastic.

Looking to do a fishing trip while there, any suggestions on a boat or where to find one?

Also heard a lot about Harrys trip, where can I book this from?

My friend cant drink Lager due to a stomach problem, he normally drinks Guinness at home, is there any bars that sell Guinness or a local similar brew?

Any general tips you can give for nightlife would be great, we are a pair of 40 year old males, so not up for the booming nightclubs anymore, just a friendly place to hang out, have a drink and a laugh.

Many thanks

Mark

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
302 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

Don't know about the Guinness and if you did find any I'm sure it would be very expensive. He could try Efes dark which comes in bottles in most bars.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

Mark, my husband and I are real ale drinkers (which you definitely can't get in Gumbet). I can drink lager at a push and drink the Efes but, my husband hates any lager. Efes dark is like dark strong flavoured lager and not like beer or Guinness at all. Some bars sell cans of John Smiths and Guinness (yuk, don't do cans) but.....good news.....the Bronze Hotel bar sells draught Guinness. We went there every day so my hubs could enjoy a pint (or two). He thinks it was 10 lira a pint, bit expensive but....needs must and, you're on your jollies!!

Edited: 25 May 2013, 16:48
Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

You can book "Harry's trip" (it's not actually, he's just the salesman) at the front of the Hotel Baba on the beach. When you book with him, tell him you want to go on the Topol Kamil and not any other boat (the Topol Kamil is the great boat owned by the Hotel Baba).

Your friend is going to struggle a bit of he can't drink lager - but try the Efes Dark, it's not bad. There's loads of nightlife which doesn't involve booming music - that's mainly on Bar Street. There's some good bars on the beach - Roy's Place is always popular, as is the bar at the Hotel Baba.

Jak xx

Basildon, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

Thanks for all your feedback.

Its not so much about the taste, he has had a gastric operation which means he cant drink carbonated drinks. Cans will do him.

Thanks again.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g298661-d3… some help,,bye

Edited: 26 May 2013, 14:17
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298661-i1330-k1… a bit on there for u spar,,,it goes UP two 2013,,,,have fun

Edited: 26 May 2013, 14:26
england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

tripadvisor.co.uk/…- spar,,a bit here about the food ect last seasons prices,,,only a few thing but will give u a guide on prices,,thing prob up a bit,,

Belfast
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

there a few Irish bars, if anywhere is likely to have guinness or caffreys in cans it would be them. A quick google seems to suggest the only place that does draught guinness is Bronze Hotel as stated above.

Haryi's boat trip, Topol Kamil is a must for me, couldnt recommend it highly enough

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

http://bodrumforum.net/ --- handy,,forum...for .bodrum/gumbet...

10. Re: 1st time in Gumbet, where to get trips and general advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations