We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
East Retford...
10 posts
Save Topic
First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Looking to go either Bodrum or Gumbet early September with my girlfriend and my 1 year old daughter.

We are going for 7 nights and are looking for hotels that aren't too pricey that are either full board or all inclusive. We would still like to go out and visit bars, go see entertainment, a meal or two out, shopping and maybe an excursion or 2.

Any help and tips would be much appreciated as am pretty clueless as this is my first holiday????

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Well whether you choose Bodrum ir Gumbet really depends on whether you want a beach and as you have a 1 year old I would think you would prefer a beach so if that is so then Gumbet would be the better choice.

Now the problem with AI hotels in Turkey is that unless you pay a lot they aren't always very good. The best if the not too expensive ones are probably Parkim Ayaz, Magific, Nagi Beach or Baba. They are all on the beach in Gumbet.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

I should add there aren't really any trips suitable for a 1 year old but I am sure she will be very happy on the beach or in the pool, I know mine were at that age, they still are most of the time.

Both of my girls have been going to Gumbet since they were babies so if there is anything regarding little ones you want to know just ask. It is very baby friendly out there and the Turkish people love babies :)

East Retford...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Okay, that's a big help... It's our first holiday as a family as I'm only 23 so a lot to learn in the holiday department :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

You could also look at the Bodrum Beach Resort - a new AI that opened last year, worth a try although I'm not aware of this year's prices. It's in Gumbet, close to the beach and away from the "noisier" areas.

Jak xx

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

From past experience I would suggest that with a one year old an apartment would be better than a hotel. Not only would it give you more space but it would give you a basic kitchen with a fridge and hob. This would allow you to store and heat snacks/food for the baby.

My son was not a fussy eater as a baby, however the first few times we took him abroad he became very picky about what he would eat. Knowing we had yoghurts, cereal, eggs, pasta, things he would eat in the apartment made life a lot easier.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

I do have to agree with Puddletink, we always have an apartment for the reasons mentioned and also because we can then get our girls off to bed and then be able to sit in another room to have a drink and a chat. If you are in a hotel you are all in the one room and once baby is asleep you haven't got anywhere else to go. Just a thought :)

If you think this may be an idea then we can give you some good apaprtment recommendations.

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

I would recomend Parkim ayaz

Its an all inclusive reasonable priced hotel with 3 swimming pools, including a childrens pool and a beach right out the back with lovely gardens and good food.

Its right on the bar street in the centre of gumbet, good for the sunday market. Also gumbet is full of shops and restaurants and bars so will be plenty of places to eat.

Looking at reviews it can get a little noisy at night due to being near the bars however if you book a club room this part of the hotel is the other side and away from any noise. These are the family rooms right near a quieter pool and gardens.

East Retford...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Thanks for all your replies, and yes KediYavruso that would be great if you could send us a few ideas on apartments but still in the lively areas as then I can broaden my search so we can make the best choice to suit us as a family.

North Shields...
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Hi Ben

The Tropicana, Siesta and Jasmine Beach all get consistently good reviews and are next to each other at the quieter end of the resort but only a short walk to restaurants/bars. The dolmus also stops right outside so it's very easy to get to Bodrum and the supermarket to stock up on supplies.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,603 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Gumbet/Bodrum, Turkey... Many questions????

Yes, those 3 are all very nice apartments, I have stayed in both Tropicana and Siesta. Other nice ones are Ozukara 2, although it is up a hill, Greenhouse, Agar apartments, Roadhouse, Queens Apartments and Tosunoglu all have good reports.

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations