We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation!

dublin
Level Contributor
112 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendation!

I have stalked this forum like mad over the past few weeks and have a notepad full of great ideas of things to do, places to go and things to see. I was just wondering if regulars could recommend their favorites as I hope to pack in as much as possible in my 2 weeks and after all this is what tripadvisor is all about! I have visited Turkey several times over the past 17 years or so, but I always rely on the recommendations of those that have been there done that!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendation!

There's plenty for you to do but here's a few suggestions - go out on a gulet (traditional Turkish boat), visit Bodrum Castle, jump on a dolmus into Bodrum and then just get on the first dolmus you see and explore some of the rest of the peninsula, do a half-day village tour which will take you up into the hills above Bodrum to see a different side to the place. If you want to explore further afield, visit Ephesus or Pamukkale (or do the two-day trip which visits both of them - great places).

Try eating out in traditional Turkish lokantas rather than the touristy restaurants you will find in Gumbet - there are lots to try if you walk towards the back of Gumbet or venture into Konacik or Ortakent.

Jak xx

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendation!

,http://www.onenationtravel.net/

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
606 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendation!

Hi hope your well, Few recommendations for you we love going on a gulet cruise for the day we always go on one that only has a few people on and just relax the day away. Like Jakki said Bodrum castle is lovely the views are spectacular. The waterpark is a favourite with the boys, Turkish bath is a must sooooo relaxing. Bodrum Market is great get there early as its mad busy.

Janice xxx

4. Re: Recommendation!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations