We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa - online or at the airport?

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Visa - online or at the airport?

Am I right in thinking that the online visa is more expensive than buying one in cash at the airport? Have recent travellers any experiences to share about the new system and whether there is any advantage to paying the extra in advance online or, might we just as well pay our tenner at the airport as before? Cheers all.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

I've not done it yet but I think I would still get it at the airport at the moment. I've never had to queue too long for a visa and you still have to wait for your cases along with everyone else.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
13,947 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

I guess it'll be handy if flying into busier airports than Bodrum.......Dalaman & Istanbul can take an age to queue for the visa based on experience. Of course you've got to be prepared to pay $20 online which at todays exchange rate is just over £13 instead of the £10 in person.

www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

I bought mine at the airport again this time. The queues are never that bad so it's not worth the money in my opinion.

I'll only consider buying it online in winter when connecting flights can be tight at Istanbul.

Dalgety Bay, United...
Level Contributor
794 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

As far as I understand it's going to be the only way in future so you use your internet and printer etc and pay more for the privilege.I could see the point if it was the same £10 online but this $20 trick is a pure and simple rip-off especially as everything is priced in TL or Pounds or Euros in the resorts.

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

My experience has always been that the queue for visas at the airport moves very swiftly, the staff make no interaction with travellers and so there has never been any delay. Was just checking that that hasn't changed and, as it appears not to have, I'm not inclined to pay more for no benefit for the moment either. I agree that the online option in dollars appears to be a rip off, not really the right strategy to get visitors buying them online straight away is it. Thanks for your everyone.

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

We have to renew ours next trip and would not bother with online.!

Never had to queue that long even at Istanbul.But it is handy if you are only taking hand luggage as we did the last couple of trips ... no queue's and waiting for hold luggage off the plane and on your way. :-)

blackburn
Level Contributor
224 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

We arrived Monday and had to wait about a minute to get our visa ,you b stupid to get yours before hand ,they hand the visa out like confetti they only want your money.

Dublin
Level Contributor
153 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

Hi Just back from Gumet - i tired on line and it wouldnt work - so waited til I got to gumbet - waits lets that 1 minute for visa - no problems at all - enjoy your hols

Mia

9. Re: Visa - online or at the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet