We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nightlife in gumbet

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
dublin
Level Contributor
103 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
nightlife in gumbet

Hi everyone we are a pair of young at heart 50 somethings staying in Bitez in 2 wks time.We hope to have few nights in Gumbet can anyone give advice on music bars for our age group,thanks

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nightlife in gumbet

Hi Deborah, there's loads of bars to suit you in Gumbet. Bar Street can be a bit OTT around Posh, Pasha, etc so head a little further away from there and take your pick. You might like Smileys, Chicos, Blue Moon, Atlantis, Molly Malones ... loads to choose from. Have a walk round Gumbet (it's not that big) and see which appeals to you. For a more chilled evening, have a walk along the beach as there's some nice places there too.

Jak xx

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
160 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nightlife in gumbet

So much choice, so little time!!

We tend to start off at Molly Malones, Atlantis, Outback, Babylons as they are 'quiet' enough for us while getting our drink on! We leave Bar Street for a bit later on in the evening because it tends to be bouncing after about midnight.

You can't really go wrong with heading to the bars that Jak has mentioned. The beach front is lovely and chilled as well :)

Hope you have a fab time!

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: nightlife in gumbet

We got back from Gumbet a few days ago.

"You might like Smileys,"

We had a laugh in Smileys. The guys there are great and it is impossible not to have a good time (they will literally drag you up to dance)! Although their cocktails appeared to be quite weak (at around 10/15TL each).

The outdoor night clubs in bar street appear to get going after midnight. "Club X" or "X Bar" (I can't remember which it was actually called) was in full swing at 12:30 (when most of the other clubs looked quieter) and was also the club our hotels animation team chose for their night out each week.

Edited: 08 July 2013, 13:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: nightlife in gumbet

Oops, I've only just noticed your age. Bar street may not be your thing (unless you are very you at heart - I'm in my late 40's and felt like the oldest person there)!

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
160 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: nightlife in gumbet

Bar Street is suitable for any age I reckon - just get raving with the best of them :D

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: nightlife in gumbet

It depends what you want .... if you actually want to be able to talk to your companion without yelling, Bar Street isn't the best place to be :-)

Jak xx

7. Re: nightlife in gumbet

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations