We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lads holiday 2014

Kilmarnock, United...
12 posts
Save Topic
Lads holiday 2014

Hi, need advice (as im planning a lads holiday roughly 10 lads between 17 and 19) on where is best place to go as its our first lads holiday?

anything from cheap booze, great nightlife, price, month to go (june, july, august?) and distance from clubs, pubs and strips etc is what we are considering?

cheers

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lads holiday 2014

I wouldn't have thought Gumbet has enough going on for you to be honest..........I know you've posted this across lots of forums, I'd say out of the resorts you've picked Ayia Napa, Magaluf or one of the greek resorts

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,590 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lads holiday 2014

You're not going to get cheap booze in Gumbet like the offers you see in some of the Euro zones - alcohol is highly taxed in Turkey :-(

You can still have a great holiday in Gumbet but if you're looking for somewhere like Ayia Napa or Magaluf, then I'm not sure that Gumbet is going to be big enough.

Jak xx

glasgow
Level Contributor
264 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lads holiday 2014

I'd agree with the previous 2 posts.

Gumbet and Turkey in general are wonderful but it sounds like you're after somewhere a bit bigger!

stewarton
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lads holiday 2014

If you are going to turkey would say marmaris would be the kind of resort you are looking for

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lads holiday 2014

Gumbet isn't the place for cheap booze. I also wouldn't think it is particularly a "lads holiday" destination as such, I think there are other places you would prefer from the sound of things. As killienutter says, if you do want to go to Turkey Marmaris would be the better option.

Carmarthenshire...
Level Contributor
173 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lads holiday 2014

I've seen loads of groups of lads holidaying in Gumbet and they all enjoyed, but think they found it a bit small compared to Malia, Zante, Ayia Napa etc. You'd get around the resort in a day or so. Personal preference really :-) Gumbet isn't as cheap as it used to be but I did spend less than when I was in Zante for a week x

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lads holiday 2014

Oh yes I know lots of lads do holiday there and enjoy it but it is nothing like Magaluf or Malia so may not be what they are after.

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lads holiday 2014

nil,,we just got back and did 2 weeks in gumbet,,there lots of lads holiday.ing in gumbet the center is good for u and bar street ,no probs,,the beer down bar street is,10 lira a pint,bit expen but its that price in bar street in kusadasi as well another resort we go to,.google it,,KUSADASI BIZ, lots of partys there to,,,so the same prices in most bar streets in turkey,lol,bye the look of it,,,the beer a most of the bars in gumbet is 4 lira a pint for draft,stuf a bit watery,and the bottle beer efes,a good strong drink 5 av,,6 lira,to 8 lira u got to look around,.,food doner 5 lira,ish in the hand 15,ish with chips and salad on the plate chicken the same,ish,,pride a thin,crust turkish piza ,very nice thay are 10 lira/ish, steak,lamb chops expen ,30n lira ish, the windy bay,is the best for steak,,its on the forum,,,some thing like most places a bit expen on the front but ,look aroun u can do cheap,and theres lots of young ones there ,haveing a geat time bar street ect,,,lots of brits,in gumbet,---- google--yuotube,,bar street gumbet turkey

Edited: 19 July 2013, 17:09
stewarton
Level Contributor
151 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lads holiday 2014

Sorry buzz I'm confused

10 lira beer in bar street, but most bars in gumbet 4 lira.

Are their other bars in gumbet apart from the beach and bar street

I know lucky dragon side of town was always cheaper but I thought bar street was th whole length of the main street

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lads holiday 2014

Bar Street is the bit starting on the road opposite the windmill and going down the hill. It is only a small area. Then you have the road running parallel to the beach that loops all the way round to the top again.

There are bars along the street going the other way from the windmill towards Bitez.

And of course along the beach too.

The bars on the Bar Street bit are more expensive.

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations