We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time to gumbet, few questions

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
first time to gumbet, few questions

Hi going to gumbet on monday and staying at club shark hotel

Have a few questions about gumbet in general

-What currency is best to take and is it better to get it from thomson here or in resort?

-What is the best currency to pay for excursions as all the prices I have found have been in £

- Can i get a mosquito plug in resort as only got the spray?

- How expensive are the bars in the main town for drinks such as a cocktail?

- How much is an average 3 course meal? booked all inclusive however will probably eat out for 1/2 nights.

- How much are watersports on the beach? Havent found any prices?

- Also do the bars/restaurants have wifi?

Really looking forward to it, got such a bargain price

Many thanks

Becky

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,595 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time to gumbet, few questions

Hi, I will try and answer some of your questions.

1. Currency - just take a little lira with you to tide you over until you can change in the resort as most often it is a better rate over there.

2. You can pay for the excursions in whatever currency you want - they will do the conversion for you. Just be aware of the current rate so that you know which is the best deal. DON'T book excursions with your rep - they will cost you twice as much as with the local agencies and whatever the rep tells you, you are insured with the local agencies (through Tursab).

3. Yes, you can get the mozzie plug-ins over there but they are cheaper over here, especially if you have a pound shop near you!

4.Cocktail prices vary - the cheapest are around 10-12 lira, always ask for the cocktail menu first so you know what you will be paying.

5. Average three-course meal - it varies; you can get one for as cheap as 18-20 lira or there are more expensive ones on offer, it all depends on what you want.

6. Sorry can't help with the watersports prices :-(

7. Yes, most bars and restaurants have free wifi, you just have to ask for the password. Club Shark also has free wifi.

Hope you have a great time.

Jak xx

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: first time to gumbet, few questions

Hey =D if you search on gumbet watersports I posted a similar post you can find info there =D I asked a ton of questions. Too excited to go!!! Lol

3. Re: first time to gumbet, few questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations