We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spending moni

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
spending moni

Hi just 1wk to we go begining to sweat would u think £700 do myself and hubby for the wk r would i need more .thanks :-)

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
439 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spending moni

You don't say what board basis you are going on - bed and breakfast, half board, all inclusive etc nor what you plan to do in terms of days/nights out, trips etc. Alcohol is not cheap and so what, and how much, you plan to drink would effect your spend as well.

So....£700 would definitely last me and my husband the week. We stay half board, but eat out a couple of times a week. We are not big drinkers.....we don't drink much alcohol in the daytime but would buy water and soft drinks, ice cream, maybe the odd beer etc. We would drink local beer and spirits most of the time, though my husband enjoys a draught Guinness at the Bronze Hotel bar a few times in the week. We have done most of the excursions but like to get out and about around the peninsular on the local bus.

If you you are planning to eat out much of the time, you can do that as cheaply or as expensively as you choose. There is every sort of eatery in Gumbet....from simple kebab shops and cafes to nice restaurants. You would pay 5 lira upwards for a kebab. In a restaurant, depending which you pick, you pay around 18/20 lira for a chicken dish, 25ish for steak. Lots of places have 'meal deals' with specials on offer and maybe wine included. Everyone has their personal favourites.

Bar Street drink prices are more expensive generally than other venues. Usually if the bars have entertainment on, they are a little dearer than the quieter bars.

Hope this helps you to budget.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: spending moni

We normally budget £100 a day for a family of 4 so you should be fine :)

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: spending moni

Thank u were s/c but not big drinkers odd beer so thank u x

Portadown, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spending moni

Thank you .

england
Level Contributor
9,752 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spending moni

br a few rest prices ,lol, tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g298661-Gumbet… tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298661-i1330-k5… and a few drink prices www.bodrum-gumbet.com/nightlife-in-gumbet/ and a bit of dancing..lol,,we gen we were there in june and like a good drink ect 70,pound a night was what we were spending,,,theres plenty on cheap drinking places in gumbet tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g298661-…

Edited: 25 August 2013, 19:53
6. Re: spending moni

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations