We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jasmin beach

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Jasmin beach

I assume we will need to bring our own towels for the pool?

This is my first time to Turkey. Does anyone have any tips?

Must do trips, things to avoid/be wary of?

Are there plenty of ATM's in the area?

I am sure there are lots of other questions I will be asking before we go on 26th Sept lol

Thanks in advance

Bridge

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jasmin beach

No problem about ATMs in centre of Gumbet. Yes, you will have to bring pool towels - or if you're struggling for weight, you can buy them in Gumbet. Must do trips? A boat trip is great, the jeep safari is fun. The half-day village tour gets you out and about to see a different side of the peninsula. Have a Turkish bath! Go into Bodrum - see the castle.

Don't forget your £10 each for your visa at the airport. Don't forget to haggle when shopping. Explore Gumbet - it's not massive so make sure to have a good walk round. For really good authentic Turkish food, eat at the Kasik Lokanta (near the windmill at the top of Bar Street - on the road leading out of Gumbet) - nothing fancy but great food at great prices.

Jak xx

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jasmin beach

Thanks Jak, didn't realise we had to pay for a visa, I assume two £10 notes are fine ?

Again thanks for the tips on trips etc...much appreciated...will probably have load more questions before we depart 26th Sept...

Regards Bridge

Edited: 08 September 2013, 19:18
manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
597 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jasmin beach

Just make sure you do not take any of the roses or bracelets from the guys that say they are free as you walk along the beach in the evening as they are not free and you normally get ripped off. Bodrum market on a Tuesday is an experience. There is also a supermarket next to the market where you can buy your essentials from, a lot cheaper than from the apartments. You can get the dolmus (bus) into Bodrum it stops right outside and drops you back off outside the Jasmin.

Janice x

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jasmin beach

Excellent advise, thanks Janice.

I was going to email Jasmin Beach in advance of my trip re: rooms, can you recommend a nice room with a balcony & sea views not too noisy...

manchester
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
597 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jasmin beach

Ask for one at the back they are pretty good if you do not like the room they give you they will move you x I haven't stayed in the Jasmine but friends have and they are going back next year. They had a studio at the back of the apartments and they loved it.

Janice x

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jasmin beach

Thanks Janice

Hertfordshire
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jasmin beach

Staying at Jasmin now and the back apartments are closed now due to low season. They turn off the electric and water

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jasmin beach

Thanks for the update Jupiterliz,

Do you have a nice room? After reading some of the reviews I am begining to worry..

Bridge

9. Re: Jasmin beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations