We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment choice

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment choice

we have been looking at the Dilek and Tosunoglu apartments.

although both look nice,we cant decide which to choose.

any personal recommendations please.

we are leaning towards the Dilek,as the location and reviews are slightly better over the Tosunoglu.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment choice

oh - both favourites of mine!

Yes, the Dilek is a bit closer to the bars and restaurants, and the beach. Therefore, its going to be a little noisier. The Tosunoglu has one of the best pool and sunbed areas in Gumbet, in my opinion. I've not stayed there but used to spend every day by their pool. All the apartments have views of the pool, its about 5 minutes walk from the Dilek, and I believe the apartments are bigger in size, compared with the Dilek.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment choice

whichever you choose, i'm sure you'll enjoy them. They would be on my list too (I prefer that end of town to be honest).

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment choice

we had to make a quick split decision,as the travel company rang to confirm our booking,so we chose the Dilek,as it's opposite one of our favourite resturants :)

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Apartment choice

I never found that I could hear much noise when staying at the Dilek - enjoy!

Jak xx

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Apartment choice

Thanks Elaine and Jak,

next year will be our 3rd time in Gumbet and 1st time self catering.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,785 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Apartment choice

Tosonglu apts

We are here now. Not all apts have pool views ours and our friends don.t so were stuck at the back with all the greenery and the cats, who think it, s ok to walk into your apts and sleep on your bed.

The pool area is brilliant. But for me that, s where it ends. Rooms are very basic there is little or no crockery, cleaning is just a quick empty of the bin and mop round.

Were upstairs so there is no water pressure to have a shower we use a jug from the sink.

The apts are ok but with a bit of a tidy up, better cleaning, a few more utensils and a lot of pruning of trees and less cats they.d be a vast improvement.

Location is good but you deffo don.t want to be walking home late at night on your own there are a couple of cars that are patroling the area looking for women. This is the 1st time staying in this area we.ve felt unsafe with the white car that circles the area followed by a old blue nissan. Security is good here but they said there.s nothing they can do about the cars.

Gumbet has certainly changed.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,569 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Apartment choice

ClaireH, you are so right - Gumbet certainly has changed and, in my opinion, not for the better! For me, it has lost its sparkle and charm and apart from going back to visit friends for the odd week, I won't be returning for extended holidays any more :-(

Jak xx

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
268 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Apartment choice

thanks ClaireH, thats such a shame about the state of the apartments now.

Its good advice at any time in Gumbet, not to walk home alone.

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Apartment choice

it's not just alone.

last year we were a group of 4 adults and 2 teens and we were followed back to our hotel by 2 men.

luckily security stopped them,but still hasn't put us off,as this can happen anywhere.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,785 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Apartment choice

I will do a report when I get back.

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations