We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advisor Experts

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advisor Experts

Hi All,

I have gathered & saved lots of information for my forthcoming trip to Gumbet.

I have gone to print it off but can't find anywhere on the site to do it, can anyone help?

Thanks Bridge

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

I think you need to cut and paste it into a file and print off from your file.

Haa,I really sound like I know what I'm talking about don't I?I'm a total techno dimwit(a dinosaur!) and haven't got a clue but...the above sounds about right...maybe.

Kedi Yavrusu is pretty techno spivvy she'll know how to do it.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

Hi there,

If you're referring to how the site used to let you 'save posts' and them print them all out quickly and easily, I'm afraid that that has changed drastically, and IMO, for the worse. I was able to print my notes for a trip I took in Nov 2012, but by the time I went to print the notes for my trip to Turkey in Sept 2013, I saw that the method had changed. Instead of being able to print out notes out as before, the 'Saved Trips' portion takes you to a page with all of the LINKS for the posts you've saved. No way to print them all out in one fell swoop, other than individually copying and pasting text from each onto a Word doc, which is what I ultimately did for a handful of posts. The effort was incredibly time-consuming and near impossible. A real shame from what was available previously. I think the intention of the new layout might best be enjoyed by tablet users with Wifi access during a trip, but not for those who simply want to print out notes. It's just near impossible. (You'll notice that if you click 'Print Trip', it'll just give you a print out with all of the boxes of links to posts one has saved. What good that does anyone is beyond me.)

I googled the issue back in Sept and my fears were confirmed here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i12105-k5559687…

Check the last few pages, which basically confirms the inability to print as before.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

Blimey!I was more or less correct then.That's a first :))

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

Hi Tasty84,

Thanks for you post. I thought I was cracking up when it wouldn't let me print it...like you say you used to be able to quite easily....a shame but I am sure I will get round it some how...

Regards Bridge

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

That's exactly what I would do. Copy them into a word document and print from there :)

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

I think I will just are a tablet it's much easier lol

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
186 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

Hi :)

I just simply did a screen shot on my phone of all the info I needed as my phones always with me ;)

Swansea
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

Good idea, will do that myself just incase we haven't got wifi at the time

Thanks

9. Re: Trip Advisor Experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2014, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations