We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first visit

Which Gumbet hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dundee, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
first visit

hey ,,, we holidaying in june14 , in the paloma apartments which looks like a decent place ( i hope ) . just a few quick questions ,,, carhire , are there any good reliable carhire firms in gumbet ?

and as it is world cup time , any good recomendations for a place to watch the games

cheers

Fraserburgh, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first visit

Hi

The Paloma is a nice place and is pretty well situated, it is just up the road from Uncle Festers which will be playing all the games, also at the top of the road there is a very nice irish bar called O connors, they will almost certainly be screening the matches as well, it is a smaller bar but the crack is great. There will be loads of other places showing the football as well.

You will love Gumbet, the place is superb, the people are great as is the weather. We are going back in July for the 7th year in a row, can't wait!

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first visit

This will be our 1st visit to Gumbet too, although it will be in September!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,573 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first visit

Have a look at www.propercar.com for car hire ... I've used them many times without problems.

Jak xx

Dundee, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: first visit

cheers for the info folks

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
9,958 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first visit

where is O'connors I can't place it from uncle festers.

thanks

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
303 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first visit

O'Connors is directly facing Annalivia's restaurant.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first visit

Stayed at the Paloma Hotel in 2008. Basic clean rooms at the time. Small but clean pool and very decent staff although they struggled with English. We where the only British couple there although that was not a problem as we kept ourselves to ourselves. I believe it has been refurbished since then. The hotel next door (cannot mind the name) was a helluva lot noisier than the Paloma at nights. I think this also get confused with the Paloma Apartments that are across the road.

Dundee, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: first visit

just over 2 weeks to go now and we are itching to get away . 2 weeks of Turkish sun & fun , canna wait

Level Contributor
132 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: first visit

Try the cool breeze they also show the football and prices are usually reasonable

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: first visit

England play their first match 23.00 our time so 1am Turkey time, so the bars will be open till 4.am ish ?

You will need to pace yourself with the beer.!

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations