We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Hi,

Thought i would ask, maybe sound daft, is anywhere open late in Gumbet??? small convenience/supermarket type place

thanks

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,767 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Hi Sunbabe,

We have found in all of the resorts we have been too in Turkey that there is shops open till very late during the season to get such as milk,water etc,I have not been in Gumbet later than 11pm but they was still open then...

Wendy

Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

hi

we used to go up to bar street around 2am and the shop used to still be open there, you could get anything from there as well

Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,205 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

hi Sunbabe,

there is a decent size shop/supermarket on Adnan Menderes caddesi,virtually opposite the Green House Apart Hotel

open until the small hours and very well stocked,we used it quite often.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

You will find loads of shops open until very late. Whatever time I have been awake I have seen one :)

Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

I think their will be at least one shop open 24/7

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Now here is something i have just discovered, "Green House Apart Hotel is at Adnan Menderes Cad. No 33, Gumbet 48400, Turkey and Art Bodrum Hotel is at Adnan Menderes Bulv. No:1, Bitez 48400, Turkey, what i am wondering is, if this is the same street with Gumbet at one end and Bitez at the other??? If so, is it a long walk to Green House aparts from Art bodrum hotel ?? as sg36 says there is a shop opposite, which would do! Thanks again everyone!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Well, it is the same road really ... it stretches from the Windmill restaurant in the centre of Gumbet and that same road goes up and over the hill into Bitez.

The shop opposite the Green House is owned by my friend Alim and stays open late. If it is closed when you arrive, there's a little "supermarket" on the opposite side of the road further up towards the centre of Gumbet which is open 24 hours a day in the season (well it always has been so don't suppose it will change this season).

Jak xx

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

Thanks Jak,

Flight due into Bodrum the back of 9ish, (pm) not a clue how long to clear customs, baggage reclaim then a public transfer to hotel, no doubt the back of 11 pm before we arrive at hotel (art bodrum) then another hr to check in , dump bags and freshen up, what time do the dolmus's run till? maybe walk it down and bus it back??

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

In season, the dolmus run practically 24/7 - I think they have a break between 4am and 7am or something like that but you will be fine. Just remember that when you catch the dolmus down into Gumbet, the dolmus you want will be going in the direction away from Gumbet centre 'cos it goes to the top of the hill and drops down the other side!!

Jak xx

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any shops open late in Gumbet???

It is the same road but it is a long road and it is a bit of a trek, especially in the dark when you don't know where you are going. I would jump on a dolmus if I were you.

Is that Gultekin market you are talking about Jakki? We rented the first apartment we lived in from the people who owned that :)

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet