We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

In light of the recent post about Gümbet I thought would be an idea to put down here any shops, bars, restaurants etc. where you have been treated badly ie spoken to very rudely, sworn at, short changed or scammed in any way.

Don't forget if you do get someone being abusive please report it as nothing can be done if no-one complains nothing will get done.

HOW TO MAKE A COMPLAINT:

If you ever need to make a complaint about anything in Gümbet you can go to the Zabita Office, it is in the street that runs behind the windmill, 200 metres along on the left hand side. You can ask your rep or hotel receptionist if you are unsure where to go.

You can report incidents of physical touching, verbal abuse, blocking of pathways, threatening behaviour, illegal trading, noise abuse plus many other infringements of local laws to them. Records are kept of complaints so when they constantly see the same names they will target them. You need have no further involvement in the issue and of course the culprits don't know where or from whom the complaints came.

They have English speaking staff there who will record your complaint and take it seriously.

Please do report any problems in resort so that they can be dealt with there and then rather than waiting until you get home.

Also if you live or are visiting the Muğla area of Turkey and have been ripped off, hoodwinked, bamboozled or mistreated you can just call 179 with details. Line open 24 hours, 7 days, multi lingual.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
7,964 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Fantastic advice Kedi. Hopefully enough people will report then some action can be taken against those giving both Gumbet and Turkey in general a bad name that really isn't deserved.

I've noticed this year that "hasslers" seem to be getting more desperate so reporting should hit their pushy bosses where it hurts.

Mentioned in this post
Gumbet
Gumbet
Bodrum, Turkey
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Spalding, United...
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Brothers Bar,Memories for hastle and abuse.

as for reporting to Zabita/Police,they couldnt give a toss....from experience!!!!

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,622 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Got to agree with Brothers Bar ... how they can say they are a "family" bar with some of the signs in there beats me!!

Jak xx

Level Contributor
135 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Lets name the places that treat you well.A couple of years ago we popped in to the lovely cake shop in bodrum with a young chap staying on his own at our apartments.After we had eaten our cakes we were walking down the street when a chap tapped our friend on the shoulder waving a wallet in front of him no thanks I don't want to buy a wallet.The chap with the wallet worked in the cake shop and our friend had dropped it out of his pocket when he got off his seat.He had a couple of hundred lire plus all his credit cards in it.Only for the honesty of the man from the cake shop our friend would of lost the lot Ian

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Yes, it would be great to her of places that treat you well too.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

this year if anyone picks me up and carries me into their bar....I'm going to give them a quick knee in the ****

it won't happen again, that's for sure.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Ianbruno,

That looks like a good thread to start, "the places that treat you well"

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Always found a polite NO does the trick.

Can't think of the name of the clothes shop nr Uncle Festers, but the young lad stopped and asked about my Fred Perry T-Shirt and complimented on it and i must be honest we had a quick chat about clothing and he never once badgered me to look inside his shop.Everytime we walked down that way we always chatted about clothes,seemed genuine enough to me.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
521 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

Had a run in at brothers bar last year, one of there lads jumped out right in front of me on the pavement I movedquickly to avoid him and found myself stood in the road facing on coming traffic, nearly got mowed down. Well I got a grip of him and had a few gentle words in his ear, he never bothered us again and I will be keeping an eye out for him this year ! What a pain !:-)

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
521 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Places to Avoid and How to Complain.

On a good note , sait and abdullah down at sandys bar cant do enough for you they will sit down and chat all night long and allways with a smile on there faces my brothers from another mother :-)

Get answers to your questions about Gumbet
Recent Conversations