We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

Which Torba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

Hi all

We're planning to fly to Bodrum in mid September and wonder whether anyone can give any information on the Torba area. We usually go to Kalkan but it's very steep hills everywhere so was looking for somewhere a bit flatter. What are the prices for food & drink like as in Kalkan, we tend to avoid the harbour and rooftop restaurants as they're very expensive and opt for the smaller local restaurants/cafes. Are there plenty "local" places to eat & drink in Torba? Can't find out too much information online so not sure whether the AI hotels tend to dominate the harbour area or are these mainly a little way out? I think there are a couple of biggish hotels on the front in Torba itself (Voyage etc) but looks as though others may be further out.

Could you also advise on the terrain (ie is it hilly/flat etc). We're looking at a couple of rental properties at the moment but haven't booked yet so may also look at Gulluk or Gumusluk.

Many thanks in advance

Rainham, United...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

Hi Torba - is a fairly quiet resort, there are few restaurants to eat in, prices are very reasonable compared to Kalkan, we have been there a few years ago, the hills kill you. Torba is much less hilly, depending where you are staying. the best bit of beach is in front of the Voyager hotel and they won't let you use the beach!! legally they cannot stop you as the Army owns all the beaches in Turkey - so I have been informed!!

we ate out a few nights in Torba, very pleasant, a few nights eating in at the villa, but mainly jumped on a bus into Bodrum and walked down to the harbour and centre where lots of bars and restaurants+ lots of little street food bars - v good value

have a good holiday

Manchester, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

Hi Mark

Many thanks for the reply and apologies for taking so long to reply. We've now booked for Torba so really looking forward to it. I broke my leg a few months ago so didn't feel I'd be able to manage the hills of Kalkan which is why we're looking for somewhere else to try.

Thanks again

Koping, Sweden
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

Hello ! Also flying to Torba in September. What are the prices of alcohol such as beer and wine at the local restaurants/pubs , and also at the supermarket or small stores? And what is the price of a smaller meal like Kebab, and a larger 2-3 course dinner for 2 ?Thank you in advance

4. Re: Eating and drinking out prices in Torba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Torba
Recent Conversations