We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First timer

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
widnes england
Level Contributor
159 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
First timer

Hi

I have a place near Oludeniz ( going there May and August ) but fancy giving Torgutreis a go later in the year ( Sep 30th ish- one week )

I have a wife ( lucky me) and three offspring at 11/13/14 (lucky me!!)

Looking for a balcony/ beach sea view hotel- pref on the beach-not 'all in' but clean & friendly that will put up with a few teens.

Don't mind some noise ( as my place is near Hisaronu!) But sea view is paramount as I don't have that usually.

Nice hotel beach bar would be great too as I usually hang around on Oludeniz beach for the sundown with my good wife.

No where with water beds, the last time we had them me and the wife seemed to drift apart.

Also any transfer companies info who be very appreciated.

Any paragliding there?

Maldalinci keeps popping up on google- is it too loud?

Thanks in advance, any info on Olu area is available

Mark

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
48 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First timer

we stayed in turgutreis for one nite last september and hated it. if you are going to be there, i recommend staying in bodrum. we stayed at the hotel marmara and loved every minute of it. turgutreis is not worth it to me.

bristol UK
Level Contributor
761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First timer

hi, we stayed at the Opal (have written a review) not sure if maybe too quiet for teenagers?..The Mandalincini would have been over the top for us, depends what youl like; the Cemre also has sea views and seemed fairly quiet. liked your joke about the waterbeds?! best wishes tt

bristol UK
Level Contributor
761 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First timer

hi, we stayed at the Opal (have written a review) not sure if maybe too quiet for teenagers?..The Mandalincini would have been over the top for us, depends what youl like; the Cemre also has sea views and seemed fairly quiet. liked your joke about the waterbeds?! best wishes tt

uk
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First timer

thinking of trying turqutreis next year. just arrived back from icmeler again(5th time). been to olu deniz, kusadasi and side. been reading info on turqutries and sounds similar to icmeler. anyone been to icmeler to compare it?

Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
6,421 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First timer

Turgutreis is possibly a little quiet for teenagers although there is a Bar St - but not like the buzz in Bodrum or Gumbet. Turgutreis is more refined than other resorts. Less British. Difficult to explain. Despite the Saturday Market it seems less taken over by the hoardes.

Maybe Gumbet would be a compromise - there's a lot of beachside hotels and plenty going on for the kids. Sorry can't reccommend individual hotels as we stay at some really great apartments that are just out of town but such amazing value for money!!!

paragliding can be found in Gumbet - book through Leoboats - 3 brothers that run a gulet daytrip business.

I love Turgutreis - planning to live there very soon. But again I don't stop in hotels so am of absolutely no help to you there!!!

Good luck finding somewhere!!!!

yorkshire
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First timer

been going to turgutreis 12 years our kids were 12 & 14 they love it and they still go .my daughter has just had a baby and she cant wait to take him to turgutreis good place to stay is the palmyie apartments or the ayvan hotel they will sort out airport transfers for you too dennis the manager at the palmyie is very helpful. and the hotel is in a quiet spot but 5 min walk to the main street hope this helps dont be put off by 1 person saying he did not like it he only stayed i night go see for yourself you wont be dissapointed

7. Re: First timer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 18:17
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
More Turgutreis Topics