We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hi, I am looking for a nice All Inclusive Hotel in Turgutries but every time i think i find one, I read reviews which are just awful. Can anyone honestly help with a nice hotel close to the centre of the town. In fact most reviews I read for any hotel in Turkey seem to be awful but everywhere I have stayed has been lovely. Thanks

Turku, Finland
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hi!

I am probably not the best possible person to answer your post, as I haven't been to Turgutreis yet. I just wanted to tell you that we are going there next July and have chosen La Blanche as our AI hotel, partly just because of the location near the center of the town. What hotels have you looked at?

I'm sure one of the DEs will give you their opinion as well. I think it is not possible to find a hotel that wouldn't get an occasional bad review; pay more attention to the general feeling you get when reading the reviews, and keep in mind that different people want different things from their hotel, so think about what you want and whether a hotel caters for your needs.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
708 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

hi wouldnt go 2 la blanche. Went last october and we both ended up with food poisoning. We informed the hotel about this and no 1 came back 2 us. It wasnt just us that had food poisoning. Not gd customer relations.The food was not good and the main restaurant like a canteen. The animation team were non existant. The hotel needed up dating. No atmosphere here at all. Definately a huge mistake and wouldnt recommend this hotel. The hotel is about 15 min walk into turgutreis. Angie

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hiya

I can honestly say that Turgutreis is a superb place for a holiday, and it is one place we always visit when on the peninsula.

The La Blanche is a lovely hotel, and we had no cause for concern when we stayed there, I agree that the animation team is a little lack lustre, but, as for needing modernisation, new pavillions etc have been added in 2010,the Mexican cantina at lunch times was superb, and we could not fault the rooms at all. My daughter is returning in May for another holiday, as are a few friends from the forums, and I am sure they will be able to offer you their opinions too, of course any hotel can and do have problems, and it is always unfortunate when someone has a bad experience.

The Aegean Dream hotel is another that receives mixed reviews, but, again gets repeat visitors year in year out.5 Minutes away from the La Blanche, both about a 15/20 minute stroll into the centre of Turgutreis along the pedestrianised sea front walk.

The Kadikale Resort, a little outside of Treis is one you could look at, as is the Paloma Yasmin Resort. Both in or near Kadikalesi which is a short bus ride away, and both offer a varied programme of activities,food, a la cartes etc.

The views are stunning, and very close to all the Hustle and Bustle of Treis.

Just on the outskirts of Turgutreis is Akyalar, where some wonderful hotels have sprung up over the past few years, two of the better ones are The Kefaluka Resort and Spa, it is getting superb reviews and although had initial teething problems is one that gets "High Praise" indeed, and already has repeat visitors.

The other one is the Xanadu Island Resort, which is one I followed with great interest after staying at the Xanadu in Belek.............it opened in 2010, it has received some iffy reviews, mainly due to staffing problems? but, I think it will have its house in order for the 2011 season, it certainly seems to offer a great deal, and if the food is half as good as the Xanadu in Belek, then you are on to a winner.

The bus into Treis from Akyarlar is frequent enough, and takes about 20 minutes, so easy to get out and about.

From Turgutreis you can visit some of the lovely little towns on the Peninsula, all easy reachable and all worth a visit.

I would highly recommend this area of Turkey to anyone, the scenery is simply beautiful, the people are welcoming and helpful and the sunsets are amazing.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

DLV

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
15,214 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hi delavega,

Are you returning to Turkey this year?

Not seen you on the forums of late !

We booked the Xanadu Island for a week and I have had good comments from someone who has been to the Belek Xanadu!

After missing out on the Kefaluka, I am looking forward to going to this area this July!

scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

thats a great help, nice to hear from people who have stayed in nice Hotels. It just seemed that every hotel i looked at had awful reviews. Been looking at Golden Beach outside Turgutries. does anyone know if this is nice hotel. I am aware that not everyone will have good reviews of hotels and i think lots of people going to turkey expect too much!!

surrey
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hi cassa78

We are off to La Blanche in May for the third consecutive year and I can tell you, they don't call me fussy for nothing!!!!!

If you can let us know what you call a 'nice' all inclusive we may be better to help you more. If by nice you mean:- Is the food of excellent quality? Are the staff the friendliest and most helpful you would ever meet? Are there places to relax away from the crowds both during the day and evening? Yes, yes and yes!!!!! However, if by nice you mean:- Is the entertainment in the evening great? Are the alcoholic drinks the same as at home? then I would have to say no and no!!!!

Delavega has a 'nose' for AIs in Turkey and I don't think her daughter would be going back for the second time if there was something seriously wrong :o)

scotland
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Thanks, Ill take a look at La Blanche. I am not fussy and rarely complain when on holiday so I try not to pay attention to a lot of the bad reviews but some were just terrible. However, others who complain that waiters speak very little english etc are just ludicrous!!!!!! I usually go to Icemeler and have never had a bad experience. thanks for your help

lancashire
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

see cassa 78,

Told you that a few informed people would give you their honest opinion, and Fussy is, as her name implies..................so a good recommendation there.

Hiya Anne

No, not Turkey for us this year (Steps back in amazement) we are giving Marakkesh, Tunisia and off to New Orleans in the late Autumn with him indoors cos he is working there again this year....................but, I think with the economic climate being as it is for everyone we are very lucky to have 2011 booked and paid for, none of us know what is around any corner do we? so make hay while the sunshines.

I know you missed the Kefaluka in October, but, health is far more important isn't it, and I just know you will love your trip to the Peninsula, and I am sure you will make up for lost time.......lol

If all continues to look good on the horizon then we shall be back into Turkey next year, where? who knows, but I will look forward to your comments on the Xanadu Island, and we also want to go back to one of the Papillon Hotels, they are simply wonderful.

Anyway, til next time, y'all take care

DLV

Cottingham, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

Hi we have booked to go to the golden beach in October it looks ok to me .Bit out of the way but all the other ones we looked at were on a hill lots of steps and bad food but trip advisor gave good reports but everybody likes diffrent things on holidays Good Luck Lynne

surrey
Level Contributor
2,468 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any nice Hotels in Turgutreis

You didn't look at La Blanche then because it is not on a hill, there are not lots of steps and the food is delicious!! ;o)

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics