We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

First time to this part of Turkey and really looking forward to it. I've read there is a lot of return visitors to the Hotel Irme and I hope you all are going to be welcoming to us newbies (husband & me) & have a lot of helpful tips on where to eat etc when we are out there.

Anyone else going at the same time - we're going for two weeks.

Cheers!

Dublin
Level Contributor
105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Turgutreis is lovely, and I am sure you will have a great time. We really enjoyed just walking along the beach to the main town and then further on again and into the Marina to dreamily watch all the fabulous yachts!

My tips for Turgutreis are:

eat in some of the local Turkish restaurants - Teyze Fatma (aunty Fatmas!) is nice. looks nothing from outside, but it is really nice for gozleme and snacks. It has been featured on a few Turkish TV travel shows so the Turks really like it there! We also like to sit in the tea shops (çay bahçeler) around the marina and watch the world go by.

The craft market is nice for a wander around. We also took dolmus trips to Bodrum town, Gumusluk, Yalikyavak and some other areas near by.

Hasan Usta mamulleri is a Turkish dessert shop, heading through the town towards the marina. They do lovely desserts and you should def try them - Asure, Kazandibi, sutlac - yum.

there is also an ice cream shop (Dondurma) along that way, just a bit further than Hasan Usta. It has gorgeous ice cream, and you will know it when you see it because the queues will literally be out the door and down the street!

dorking
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Hi Mrs Kill001

You will have a fab time and your right a lot of people keep going back to the Irme, it's my friends fav hotel. Me & my hubby are also going on the 10th Sept for 11 nights, we may even be on the same flight, as you live just up the road from us. We are staying in the Mandalinci Hotel which is in the center of town but where your staying isn't far and is in a lovely position. It will be my 31st time in Treis, a home from home place for us. Lots of lovely people & lots or as little things to do as you want. Any info you want don't hesitate to ask. Hopefully we will see you there.

All the best Ginny

somerset uk
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Hi ,I thought I would say hello and thanks for the Tips, I am going to Treis For the second time, this time with just me and my husband, we are going to stay at the mandalinci on the 17 sept for 14 nights , last time in treis we went with our 3 children and their parners at the kadikale, we aiso been to fethiye and gumbet twice. I love this area. we want to do a couple of boat trips,I think last time we went on a boat trip to a sunday market which we enjoyed ,but I cant remember the name of the place? we will also take the buses to visit some of the places mentioned, also we may do the two day tour to ephesus. I cant wait..

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Thank you to Pinky-fiver for all those great tips!

DorkingGinny - we fly out of Birmingham airport - are you or are you going from one of the London airports?

suefone - thanks for reply and hope you have a lovely holiday!

Rhondda, United...
Level Contributor
96 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

iam goin to the irme hotel on 24th sept , so any tips when your back i will look forward to , also will look forward to your reviwes have a fab time all

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Hope everybody as a good holiday,this year decided to try a different location(turgutreis and the Irme for last 2 years) went to oludeniz really nice hotel but oludeniz nothing like treis

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Hi everyone!! I'm also going to Hotel Irme, but on 23 July for 2 weeks. My son, who is 12, will be with me and I was wondering if anyone can recommend any decent places to book day trips (Ephesus, etc). I was also thinking of taking the ferry to Kos for the day - have any of you done this? It will be out first time in Turgutreis and we tend to find lying by the pool or on the beach all day rather boring, so I'm just trying to find out what things we can do.

Hopefully, my son won't be tearing his hair out with boredom after spending 2 weeks with his mum!!!!

Thanks in advance for your help :-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

hi maxsmummy 1959

i would recomend the Ephesus trip but if you can do it over 2 days with Pamukkale being done on the 2nd day also take your cossie so you can take a dip in cleopatras pool,also on this trip you should vist the wonderful Baffa lake and hopefully have breakfast, also there is bodrum castle to vist just jump on the Dolmus for that one.i booked with thomas cook reps and it did cost me more,but in the town there is a fellow called sammy book with him or see Farri the Irme's manager who will help you out..................happy holidaying and have a good time

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Thanks! I'll certainly look into Ephesus and Pamuukele ( or however it's spelt!!) Bodrum also looks good. I've been looking at the boat trips and and there appear to be 2 to choose from - heading north or south out of Turgutreis. Does anyone have any opinion on which is better and why?

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,536 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Irme on 10 September - can't wait - who's going?

Check out Turgutreis tours for booking trips, I've always got good service from them.

Be very careful in Ephesus as it will be extremely hot and there is NO shade, so take hats and lots of water, ditto Pamukkale tho' there is a little more shade there. I love Bodrum castle and underwater archaeology museum (the stuff came from underwater, the museum is on dry land ;-) )

Book your boat trip direct with one of the guys at the habour, go before 11am or after 6pm to see what kind of numbers they take onboard, personally I think the South trip is far superior, not sure if Alex boat is running this year but I always use them when I can, smaller boat, great crew.

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics