We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mozzies??

Birmingham
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mozzies??

Not going until August 2014. Staying at suntopia bodrum imperial.

Will there be mozzies as I will be eaten alive if there is?

Thank x

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,814 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mozzies??

Quite likely! Bring some mozzie repellent with you if you are prone to being bitten or you can buy it when you get there, Johnson's Off! and Sinkov are available in pharmacies and supermarkets. Also buy some lemon cologne when you get there and use it instead of perfume as mozzies love perfume but hate lemon.

Birmingham
Level Contributor
222 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mozzies??

Thank you. Mozzie love me. X

Ramsey, United...
Level Contributor
483 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mozzies??

Yes I would recommend the lemon cologne too. Really cheap and sold in all the mini markets. I told a lady who had been eaten alive about it on my recent visit. She didn't get bitten at all after she started to use it.

durham.north east
Level Contributor
456 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mozzies??

well the new season is nearly here and we are once again visiting Turgutreis.Last year we went to Dalyan(a bad aea for mozzies because of the river)so we took the advice from people who know and bought boots deet mozzie protection and also lemon oil.these two combined did the trick and not once did we get bitten.we did notice some pretty bad bites on many people,so felt a bit smug,as myself and o.h.have suffered terribly in the past.

Mentioned in this post
Turgutreis
Turgutreis
Bodrum, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Bulgaria
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mozzies??

I used to get eaten alive by mozzies as well - someone suggested taking odourless garlic capsules for about a month before you go and when you're there. I've done this for the last 5 years and only had one bite (Rambo mozzie trapped in the bedroom). Also, Avon's Skin So Soft dry oil spray is, allegedly, used by armed forces to keep the bugs at bay, so I also use this in the evenings.

Edited: 16 May 2014, 13:15
6. Re: Mozzies??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics