We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

oxford
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
first time

Hi all, looking to go to Turgutreis is September we have enjoyed Olu Deniz howwould it compare? facilities , restaurants, bars, hotels and generals costs, meals drinks etc! Many thanks for any info.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

Also keen on a comparison. Have been told Olu deniz is lovely. How does Turgutreis compare?

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Turgetreis is a working town as well as a resort so has more of an "authentic" feel. There's lots of bars and restaurants and shops and the front has been refurbished. I'm sure you will enjoy it. It's also got good dolmus links to other parts of the Bodrum peninsula so you can do some exploring ... and a great market on Saturday!

Jak xx

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3,087 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

See my post on tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g298664-i3920-k7…

I am very familiar with Oludeniz and Turgutreis does not have the same dramatic mountain setting but the views over the sea make up for it, pretty similar for restaurants and bars. As a centre for day trips it is equally good.

oxford
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

Thank you JAK and Scouse for the reply I was beginning to despair of an answer but you have reassured me now. As for OLU it is excellent, but we thought that may be a change would be nice. Cheers all.

oxford
Level Contributor
129 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time

going to turgetreis this year for the first time, are there any online cameras in operation as there are in OLU DENIZ? Thanks for any info.

6. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 March 2015, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics