We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Antalya or Bodrum Arear

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Antalya or Bodrum Arear

Can anyone tell me which is more suitable for familys .i have an 8 and 6 year old and im finding it dificult to choose were to go .we love walks and castles and maybey a little harbour but i dont want to go somewere too busy and manic any suggestions .ive already been to olu deniz so want to try somewere new .?My friend told me Antalya is busy like london

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Antalya or Bodrum Arear

I've not been to Antalya but you will definitely find what you are looking for on the Bodrum Peninsula.

Turgutreis is nice, as are Bitez or Yalikavak. They are certainly suitable for a young family. My children are just a bit older than yours and we love all these resorts.

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Bitez
Bitez
Bodrum, Turkey
Yalikavak
Yalikavak
Bodrum, Turkey
Antalya, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Antalya
Level Contributor
8,142 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Antalya or Bodrum Arear

Antalya is a working city but it's a very big area with a great diversity of resorts. It's nowhere near as busy as London though!! In the centre of Antalya is Kaleici (the old town) with lots of small streets, wonderful Ottoman architecture, an old harbour and loads of small restaurants, cafes and of course Hadrian's Gate. The popular Lara beach resort is within easy reach of markets, shopping malls and the centre by bus. The ancient sites of Aspendos and Perge are a short distance away.

The Bodrum area has a lot to offer as well. An amazing choice of resorts and all within easy reach of each other for exploring. Bodrum Castle is a wonderful way to spend half a day and the views are beautiful from the walls.

I love both areas equally so it's hard to choose one over the other. May be an idea to browse both forums and the top questions sections put together by people that know the areas.

Whichever you choose you'll have a great holiday I'm sure

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Antalya or Bodrum Arear

If you love - walks - a pretty little harbour area - Roman ruins - an active amphitheatre - a Saturday market - lots of shops bars and restaurants - a nice long promenade that goes all along the water's edge - then Side is the place for you. Side also has the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey and is only 50 minutes from Antalya airport.

For further information - see the Side Forum page and top questions on the top right of that page -

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Antalya or Bodrum Arear

Of course all of the above are also available in many of the towns (Yalikavak Turgutreis bodrum itself to name a few) on the Bodrum peninsular.

I've never been to Antalya so can't really give you a better reply that Kedi or VIP have given you.

Sue

Mentioned in this post
Bodrum
Bodrum
Mugla Province, Turkey
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
5. Re: Antalya or Bodrum Arear

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 January 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics