We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Morning All

Will be visiting Turkey for the first time, staying at the above all inclusive resort. We will be there the day the doors reopen for the summer (May 1st), hoping the weather is ok and that the pools will be heated!

I know the resort has a small beach, which is perfect as i have 2 little kids. Is the beach ok? I understand the sand is the rougher stuff, which is probably better as the finer sand just gets everywhere!

I know the area is probably fairly quiet, but from what i can gather the next liveliest town is only a couple of miles away and Bodrum only 12 miles or so. Are there any things we must do? Any sights we must see?

I know this board is fairly quiet but hope to hear from as many of you as possible!

Thanks in advance.

Jimbo

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

I don't know about the hotel but the weather should be nice, warm in the daytime, maybe a bit chilly in the evenings so you may want something warmer especially for the children.

Turgutreis is not far away and Bodrum is about 25 minutes in the dolmus (minibus)

How old are your children?

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Hey there, thanks for replying. My children will be 2 and 7.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Ok so you will limited on what trips to do. Maybe a boat trip, although it might be too long a day for your 2 year old.

My girls always love going to Bodrum castle, they are 7 & 9 now. They also love just getting on the bus and going to different places. It is very easy to get around the Peninsula.

You could take them to Camel Beach at Ortakent, it is a lovely beach, great for kids as it is sandy and gently shelving and they can have a camel ride.

Edited: 12 February 2014, 15:04
Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

I havent looked into any tours, so not sure whats even there. I appreciate its going to be quiet but in a way thats appealing as i have had quite a manic few months. I just hope the hotel has all, or at least most, of the activities open and available. I know the 2 a la carte restaurants are closed. I also hope there is entertainment in the evening for us as i know its a fair walk from the hotel to Turgutreis.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

I would imaging the hotel has a mini bus that goes into Turgutreis.

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Hi

The dolmus to Turgutreis runs along the road in front of the hotel, should be running reasonably late into the evening by May. Also you can take the dolmus in the opposite direction for Gumusluk, but check the retun times as they may not run as late.

Sue

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Sue, do you have any idea of the beach at the resort? Also, what about the sea temperatures in May?

Kadikale, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Turgutreis
Level Contributor
3,540 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Hi Jimbo

I'm afraid I don't have much idea about the beach at the Kadikale resort, It's sort of around the bend of the bay from where I usually hang out so not really seen from the 'public' areas. I know they have a large area of 'quay' with loungers and those little tent things. If you want a nice bit of beach then walk along the beach from the hotel - past Armonia, if the security let you then this is a nice place to stop, or carry on past the village where there's a bit of beach (tho have heard rumours that Armonia are taking over that as well) or a little further on is (hopefully!) more public beach, the sea is nice here, sandy once you're past the first metre and doesn't shelf off steeply, if you walk for about 5 - 10 mins you'll come to Kekik, a nice little beach bar, often frequented by families and not overly expensive for snacks and drinks, you can use the sunbeds for free as long as you buy something from the bar, there's also a table tennis table inside :o)

Sea temps in May .. in theory cold, but I saw 2 groups of people swimming today (Feb 18th) so who knows!

Sue

PS meant to say, if you can't get along the beach past Armonia then walk to the main road, turn right and walk along until you see the mosque, turn down the lane (right) and you'll be on the beach.

Edited: 18 February 2014, 16:46
kent
Level Contributor
59 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Hi Jimbo, how was your trip to Kadikale Resort? Ive just this second booked a holiday there for my husband and I, and our son who will turn 9 whilst we're there. We will also be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. How was your holiday? Any hints or tips on the resort will be great.

Many thanks.

Ema.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Beach at Kadikale Resort

Hi ema,

I have to say I was dubious at first having never been to Turkey but I really shouldn't have worried.

I have posted a review of the hotel and gave it good marks. It has 2 big pools and 2 baby/kids pools. It also has its own 2 waterslides. It has its own private man made beach, but, it doesn't slope into the sea, it has more of an edge, like getting into a swimming pool. Just outside the resort there is access to the main beach but not sure how much of that is owned by the neighbouring restaurants.

I'm on my mobile so cant copy the link, but I would recommend having a read. I try to be unbiased but of course people want different things from a holiday. If you don't mind a bit of a climb then see if you can get an apartment up the hill with a sea view, they were stunning.

There's a few little restaurants and grocery shops near by and the nearest "big" town is about 5 mins by cab or bus.

I never go back to the same resort but its one I would def go back to. PM with any questions you have, happy to answer.

Jim

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics