We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water for babie's bottles

BRIGHTON
Level Contributor
69 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Water for babie's bottles

Hi, hopefully I will be able to get some advice - my daughter is bringing her 6 month old son with us when we come to Turgutreis in May and he is still having bottles of milk and water. She is bringing readymade formula (extra suitcase!!) and presterilised bottles but now that he's stated on food he has a drink of water in a bottle afterwards. Should she boil in a kettle the tap water or use boiled bottle water - I have heard that bottled water contains sodium?? The last thing she/he needs is a bad belly. HELP PLEASE

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water for babie's bottles

If you have a kettle then yes,you could boil some water but bottled water is fine.It is just pure,fresh, clean drinking water and no need to boil it..All water has some sodium and other minerals in it-that's why it is good for us :)

Good idea to bring formula with you.You can buy it here but it is very expensive.Also bring enough sunscreen too as that is also very expensive for decent brands.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water for babie's bottles

I lived in Turkey when my daughter was a baby and at that age I just gave her bottled water to drink without boiling it. Some brands are lower in sodium that others like Erikli, Labranda, Nestle and Pinar but if you can't find those don't worry it will be fine.

3. Re: Water for babie's bottles

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 March 2015, 04:18
Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics