We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turgutries V Bitez

Which Turgutreis hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Turgutries V Bitez

Hi, we visited Bitez last year and are returning again next week, totally love the place, however next year my two sons, 19 and 26 along with the elder ones girlfriend would like to come with us, we need a three bed property close to action but are really struggling to find anything suitable in Bitez so have been looking further afield and am finding Turgutries quite appealing. We love Bitez, it's perfect for us but don't know if it will be too quiet for them, along with the fact that we can't find suitable accommodation. How do the two places compare, are there many similarities, any advice/ information gratefully received!

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Turgutries is bigger than Bitez,but still not too big and does have more bars and restaurants,,if I was you while you are there in Bitez next week get the dolmus from Bodrum to Turgutries it only takes about half hour to get there and have a look for yourself...Have a good holiday :)

Wendy

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Thanks Wendy, we had planned on doing that as I have seen a couple of villas that look nice so want to see how well situated they are, would you say it would be a bit better for the younger members of the group than Bitez? We loved it as it was just busy enough for us but wonder if they will find it a bit too quiet I know they could easily go into Bodrum of an evening if they want to but it's nice to have enough around not have to?

Thanks again

manchester,uk
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

We do both to get the best of both worlds bitez would too quiet for us for the whole holiday so we do 5 nights bitez and 9 nights in turgutreis

london
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Turgutreis has bars and restaurants but no clubs. I think if the youngsters want action they would be better off in Bitez as then they can nip into Gumbet or Bodrum for a lively night out.

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Thanks all I will take a look next week but it's sounding good,they aren't mad party people anyway but as long as they can get to other places easily if they what a livelier night out I think it will be fine

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,764 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Bitez would be better as it is easy to get to both Gumbet and Bodrum for a night out so everyone would be happy. Check out the dolmus to Bodrum next week and see hiw easy and cheap it is. Taxi to Gumbet v easy too.

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Heather where do you stay in Turgutries, you stayed at the Queen a parts in Bitez didn't you?

britain
Destination Expert
for Bitez
Level Contributor
2,361 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

lynsey I think you would be better off in Bitez as you have Gumbet on your door step.

Have a look at this villa it is a 3 bedded and in a super position, You (your sons) can catch the dolmus behind them and be in Gumbet in a few mins.

It looks perfect for a family and we had a person off this forum that stayed in them a couple of years back and said it was an amazing place!

Go downhill and you have your chillax place in front of you.;)

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS

manchester,uk
Level Contributor
322 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

We stay at palmiye apartments in turgutreis and yes we stayed at queen apartments last year. We are staying at ambrosia hotel this year

england
Level Contributor
550 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Turgutries V Bitez

Thanks BB, strangely enough I have looked at this one and been in touch with the owner about taking a look next week, THEN son number one tells me he won't be able to come any time from the last two weeks of July until the end of August, (in other words the whole of the school summer holidays) bear in mind he is 26 and I have worked the school year time table since he was 12, clearly took no notice of the fact that I am always home during the school holidays and never during the school year! Looks like we are going to be back down to three, possibly four of us now so don't think this one is going to be suitable so, back to the drawing board! Thanks for the suggestion any way

Get answers to your questions about Turgutreis
Recent Conversations
More Turgutreis Topics