We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Near the zoo for little kids?

Which Asheboro hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
96 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Near the zoo for little kids?

We are thinking about bringing my six-year-old and two-year-old the North Carolina zoo for spring break. I'm guessing the zoo could take two days . what things nearby can I do it them for the other three days? Should we stay in Asheboro or some other city? Thank you

4 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
7,301 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Near the zoo for little kids?

I guess you could stretch the zoo out over two days. I've just always done it as a day trip myself, but there is a lot to see. If you do two days, definitely get a membership. They reciprocate with a lot of other nature centers/aquariums/etc across the country and in NC.

IMO, not a whole lot else going on in Asheboro except some thrift shopping and BBQ and the Uwharrie mountains near by.

Where are you coming from in NC? There's a lot to do in the Triangle and the zoo is about an hour from Chapel Hill. It's closer still to Greensboro, but I'm not as well-versed on kid stuff there. I think there's a good kids museum there, though. Great one in Durham—the NC Museum of Life and Science (http://www.ncmls.org).

Greensboro, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Near the zoo for little kids?

trekaroo.com/places/…activities

Edited: 18 June 2013, 23:52
Asheboro, North...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Near the zoo for little kids?

Within minutes from the Zoo is Henry James BBQ on S Fayetteville St. It's great for kids with kids meals, and there are reasonably priced meals for families. Perfect for an after the zoo dinner or maybe a picnic in one of the parks like the North Asheboro Park or maybe the nearby randleman lake. Check it out!

Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Near the zoo for little kids?

There's an absolute "don't miss" in Greensboro for your children. Its called the Greensboro SciQuarium. Believe me, they will love it! And you too!

Edited: 30 June 2013, 02:25
Reply to: Near the zoo for little kids?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Asheboro