We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter week visit--good time?

Princeton Junction
Level Contributor
72 posts
70 reviews
Easter week visit--good time?

My husband and I want to get away, but prefer to do a road trip this year rather than fly somewhere. Avon has been recommended to us, and it looks beautiful. Will everything be open then? We'd like to visit Okracoke and Manteo and just wander the island. Should we book somewhere further north? We've been to Kitty Hawk and Duck and up that way. I guess I'm asking if Avon is a bit too remote. Also, what's the chance the weather will be warm there that weekend (60's maybe?)

2 replies to this topic
Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Easter week visit--good time?

Weather is who knows. Could be anything. Probably somewhere between 50 and 80. It's just up and down in April. Here's a table with daily weather data for April 2014: accuweather.com/en/… . I think that was pretty typical.

Avon is remote. That's part of the appeal. There is stuff to do there and people live there year round so some shops and restaurants are open. Don't know that they will all be open, but I'm sure they're hoping for tourists over Easter.

Kitty Hawk, North...
Destination Expert
for Outer Banks
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
136 reviews
2. Re: Easter week visit--good time?

A compromise might be South Nags Head area. You are just 5 miles south of all there is to do in Nags Head, just 10 miles from Manteo and you can do a day trip to Hatteras and Ocracoke. Easter does draw in a few tourists and most everything is open in the Nags Head to Kitty Hawk area by then.

Reply to: Easter week visit--good time?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted