We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hey, who got snow today?

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Hey, who got snow today?

We got about 3 inches in Albany. Did any other valleyites or coast people get the white stuff? We are getting more this evening that I can see. Love the snow but I need the kids to go back to school tomorrow.

Use caution if you are coming over the coastal range or driving through the southern or mid Willamette Valley. There, now that's travel related enough.

Eugene, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Eugene, Springfield
Level Contributor
8,018 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

6-8" in Eugene....looked like almost a foot piled up on our deck. With more on its way. Pretty, but a bit scary with the tall firs bending over under the weight. Fortunately, it hasn't been a particularly wet snowfall.

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
342 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

No travel worries here.

We had freezing rain yesterday. Enough to make the sidewalks and driveway slick (as my husband and the puppy found out on their way home from their walk) but that was it.

We had lots of fog today.

Oregon
Level Contributor
4,366 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

I don't know how we didn't get freezing rain here on Saturday. It was raining and 30 degrees. Just slippery on the walk in front of the house. Loved the snow today, walked around the whole neighborhood. Never see this many people out in the middle of winter. Would have thought it was 70 degrees or something.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,892 posts
1,048 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

Aaaah, now I know why Newport was a virtual ghost town Saturday night, lol! We went out to eat and were remarking that it was like the "old days" ... hardly anybody anywhere in town. So nice :-)

Then we were in Lincoln City tonight (Sun) and the same thing -- no traffic, no crowds.

It was snowing hard coming home over Cape Foulweather (and us in the 2WD truck *of course*) and sticking. We guessed about .50" at 7:00 pm.

But nothing anywhere else, just plain ol' rain.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
Level Contributor
6,031 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

Started snowin about 5pm after rain most of the day. Woke up to about 1.5 inches. Supposed to get a little more today then tomorrow we get to look forward to 60 mph winds!!

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

The weather yesterday and today sure is odd! We sit up high, but only got freezing rain yesterday, then plain old rain. Got a bit of snow this morning, but when DH went down into our town this morning he said it was icy. School is delayed, but of course the kids are hoping for an update...a closure, lol!

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

Higher hills east side of Lake WA, five inches as of now and snowing. We don't expect winds, however, fortunately. Guess we won't be coming to the coast immediately. :)

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

yesterday- got a dusting in OR City proper, but just 8mile SE of OC(where parents live) they had 5 inches. Today just dusting-but waiting for roads to clear b/f I make the trek to Wash. County.

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,993 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

voyaging--Sounds like our old area. We were in the foothills and loved the snow we got.

kids got their wish...no school today. Not really due to snow, but more ice. Even DH is waiting to go to work. One guy is coming from Hood River, so he might not make it in at all. Guess he gets to spend more time at his weekend home.

Beaverton, OR
Level Contributor
342 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hey, who got snow today?

We woke up to an inch of snow on the ground this morning. The hill we live on got very slick so we had fun watching all the people trying to make it up. The garbage truck driver finally gave up and came back in the afternoon.

Get answers to your questions about Albany