We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

Which Arch Cape hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta
Level Contributor
228 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

I was planning to stay at Cannon Beach but then I found this place and wondered if staying on the beach at Arch Cape would be nicer -- I know it is not walking difference to the town but it is right on the ocean. Any feedback on the location or the place?

Thanks -- since they only have the one room, I want to reserve it soon.

Beaverton, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Cannon Beach
Level Contributor
6,044 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

i personally would stay in cannon beach where you can walk from your hotel/motel/condo/b&b/restaurants/shopping without having to get in the car and drive there and back

Level Contributor
34,480 posts
888 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

Both places are very nice, Arch Cape is much less populated than Cannon Beach if that makes a difference to you. www.cannon-beach.net is a nice website for this area. :)

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

The only thing nicer about the beach at Arch Cape might be that there are fewer people on it than at Cannon Beach. And as lougee implies, with only one small grocery/deli, there's not really a town there. So, you'd have to drive the 5+ miles north into Cannon Beach or 8+ miles south to Manzanita for meals, shopping, etc.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have beachfront lodgings. And I believe Shaw's is situated in a more quiet, natural setting than other parts of the residential community.

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,791 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

In August, there'd be no question in my mind - Shaw's hands down!

Cannon Beach will be swamped with people (and it's a tiny congested town), and Arch Cape is a quiet residential area. True, you do have to drive a few miles to a store or restaurant. LOL, I drive 16 miles to the grocery store!

Oceanfront would be nice also . . .

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

That's true, half-Brit, but one of the nice things about Cannon Beach is that most of the lodging is away from the center of town. So, you can avoid the crowds if you choose, or walk into town instead of drive and be frustrated when you can't find a place to park.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,844 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

I really loved staying at the Inn at Arch Cape in Arch Cape and walking on a nearly deserted beach, picking up food in Manzanita and having dinner in front of the fireplace in our room. We had breakfast at bread and ocean in Manzanita the next day then wandered around there, looking at real estate offices along the way lol.

Your choices of "staying on the beach" would be much more expensive in CB...

I love Cannon Beach but it is an entirely different sort of stay.. one is very quiet and the other is not.

7. Re: shaws bed and breakfast vs cannon beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 20:21
Get answers to your questions about Arch Cape