We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather year-round in Ashland

Southern Cal
2 posts
Save Topic
Weather year-round in Ashland

Live in Southern Cal and want to get away from rat-race. Is it mega-hot there in Summer? Cold in Winter? Does it snow? I know Ashland is diverse and intertesting but am interested in variations in weather.

CA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather year-round in Ashland

Ashland has the luxury of four true seasons. They have snow occasionally in the winter and summer temps can reach 100 I think the best time to visit is in the fall. The weather is nice and Lithia Park is absolutely stunning! Spring is nice as well with pretty flowers popping up and winter is great for skiing!

Green Valley...
Level Contributor
18,008 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather year-round in Ashland

Google Weather Underground, for example, and search for Ashland, OR, weather and climate.

Ashland, OR
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather year-round in Ashland

We get four distinct seasons here, not like the 1.5 in SoCal. :-)

Summers are usually in the 80s-90s, but it's typical that it'll drift up over 100 from time to time. While that's definitely warm, the humidity here is very low so it doesn't feel quite as bad as in other places closer to water.

Winters can definitely get cold. Nighttime temperatures are usually in the 20s-30s, but it can get down into the teens once in awhile. During the day in can be anywhere from the 20s to the 60s. I find that I can be in pants and a sweatshirt when it's blue skies and low 30s and feel pretty comfy.

The snow amount varies depending on how high up in the hills you go. We live around 100' above the downtown elevation and rarely get snow during the winter. If we do, maybe a couple of inches that melt off during the day. We have occasionally had thicker snow that stuck for a couple of days. Practically speaking, the roads in town don't need to be plowed, but you do run into spots of ice, although that seems to be more of a sidewalk hazard.

Late this winter we did get dumped on snow-wise and had probably 8-10" on the roof. In that case, the snow plow did come along to clear our road. Talking with neighbors who've lived here for awhile, though, that seems to be a rare occurrence.

Fall gets crisp and we go through a couple of colorful months as the leaves turn before they fall off and I spend my days raking. As for spring, it rains although the amount varies a lot. Last year we got drenched; this year we're a little under average with 17" or so.

Hope this helps.

Oregon
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather year-round in Ashland

Ashland is beautiful and like everyone else said, 4 seasons. It also has a lot of things to do all year long as well. I love going to the OSF and watching a play in the outdoor Elizabethan Theater.

5. Re: Weather year-round in Ashland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 14:27