We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ashland Hotel in Medford

san francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Ashland Hotel in Medford

I just stayed at the Red Lion Inn in Medford thru Priceline for $73 + tax &fees of about $15, for a total of $88 nt. I thought it would be a total drag to "commute" but it wasn't. The hotel was clean and the room large but that's about all I can say for it- I never used pool, healthclub and was barely in lobby- but they do have 1 computer station for guest use free. Medford had its charms- well not too many that I found. I did see they have a beautiful new library but it's closed due to budget cuts. The Friends of the Library is running a fire sale on books- some really great deals.

Had a great time in Ashland- ate well, saw plays of course, don't miss the backstage tour of the theater- you will appreciate OSF even more. You can get "scalp" tix to many things if you go before the shows.

Loved the trip. Have fun.

Bend, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Bend
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ashland Hotel in Medford

All of the libraries in the county are closed. Ashland put up a measure to try to fund their newly remodeled library using city funds and I believe it failed. What a shame!

I didn't have such a pleasant experience the last time I stayed at the Red Lion. They were terribly disorganized and the highway noise was just awful. We had a meeting room reserved and were trying to present for a technology forum (which they knew about) - yet the Internet access was down and no one alerted us to this. (Maybe they need a gnome!)

That being said, I agree that the drive from Medford *is* very easy so if you are on a budget then staying there is a good option. Their downtown is not as nice as Ashland's but there are still good options (including Oh's and Howie's).

san francisco
Level Contributor
81 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ashland Hotel in Medford

Well all I can say about the Lib. is that they look pretty stupid building a gorgeous new building only to have the Lib. closed for lack of funds. They ought to throw those pol. bums out, in fact they even make our politicians in San Francisco look good, which ain't that easy.

3. Re: Ashland Hotel in Medford

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 13:19