We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging

Which Ashland hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lodging

My wife and I (58 and 62) will be in Ashland for one day next July 5th. Any recommendations for lodging ( B& B or cottage away from the main drag preferred) within walking distance to the Angus (I'm in the middle of this posting and forgot the last name) ??? Theatre? Short driving distance?

Also within walking distance to shops in Ashland would be preferred.

Anyone play Eagle Point Golf Course?

Is Crater Lake a must see?

Thanks

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,810 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging

Crater Lake a must see? Well, it's very unusual, very blue, very dramatic. It looks just like all the pictures you've seen of it. Crater Lake Lodge right on the edge of the lake is an interesting old lodge, quite pricey. There is a nice drive around the lake with lots of places to stop and take photos. If you go, take the lake tour, but know that it's a long walk down to the boat and a loooong walk back up, at high elevation.

This may sound like a lukewarm endorsement, and others have different opinions, of course ..... I lived in the mountains for a number of years, and was not really terrifically impressed with Crater Lake. However, it is different, and it is blue, lol!

Level Contributor
34,525 posts
890 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging

The Ashalnd Springs Hotel is very nice, a restored historic hotel with great amenities, it is on the main street there, tho. It is walking distance to shops, theater and restaurants. Amuse, Chateaulin, Peerless are all excellent choices for meals in Ashland.

Yes, go to Crater Lake, July is beautiful in Ashland! :)

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging

For one day in Ashland? If you provide more information about your itinerary and interests we might better respond re: Crater Lake (or other sights) for your trip.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,854 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging

If the Ashland Hotel is on the main drag, why mention it?

half-Brit, lol...it is blue.

Chicago
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging

Ashland Springs hotel looks nice but we may want to try a B & B close to thee theatres.

We will be arriving in Ashland late morning on July 5th. I may go golfing at Eagle Point and my wife likes to browse. Then we'll go to dinner and to see a play at 8:30.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Buenos Aires...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires
Level Contributor
17,854 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging

Tomorrow you might get more answers when mistletoe and some other Oregon regulars are online :)

Oregon/Washington
Destination Expert
for Portland, Sunriver
Level Contributor
10,808 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lodging

Yes, mistletoe will have good answers for you. He has been to Ashland many times and so would be the best source here for help on where to stay and to dine (not that you asked for that). Also, he is a golfer. So he will be a wealth of information for you.

Crater Lake is great. How much time for it do you have?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,810 posts
1,037 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lodging

Oooh, July 5th !!

Where are you planning to be July 4th? That is a very, very busy time in many places. And the 4th is a Friday, so plan for a lot of traffic everywhere, unfortunately :-(

oregon city
Level Contributor
790 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lodging

To me, Crater Lake would be worth it if you have time- I honestly dont think pictures do it justice-its way more blue in person than in pictures. But how much time do you have in the area? It would take most of the day to go up to Crater Lake from Ashland. Could easily spend a whole day exploring Ashland and Lithia Park-a definete must see.

Sorry I dont know much about lodging, but I know there are quite a few B&Bs around.

Green Valley...
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Seattle
Level Contributor
18,001 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lodging

Angus Bowmer Theater. The theaters are downtown, so you will be central for most of the shops. Don't know about B&B recommendations. Try selecting the Ashland Hotels tab to the left, see if any are listed and comments by TA visitors.