We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RV parking downtown

Chico CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
RV parking downtown

We are hoping to find somewhere to park an RV

(one night only) very near downtown Ashland.

Maybe a park, school or public parking lot.

We want to walk to the city core.

Anyone have ideas?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
43,487 posts
1,084 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RV parking downtown

Hi bukzin, I'm a long-time RV'er who has travelled all over so I always try to answer the RV'ing questions. However, I'm no help with this question, never having had either the MH or trailer anywhere near downtown Ashland. Sorry!

If you're thinking of parking *overnight*, be aware that many towns have ordinances against that, and you may be rousted out. Some towns tend to ignore it, but I'm guessing Ashland will be fairly strict.

Do you have GoogleEarth by any chance? You might be able to see something on there.

Also, you can try asking your question on an Rv forum. Honestly, there are not too many RV'ers here on TA . . . but I do encourage all RV'ers to write reviews of RV parks and campgrounds wherever they may go, and we're very slowly building up a listing of accomodations for us!

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2,584 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RV parking downtown

ARe you looking for a place to park for the evening plays? Your "one night only" leads me to believe that you are looking for a place to park your RV overnight (ie. camping).

If you are looking for a place to 'camp' there is a wal-mart in Talent N. about 5 miles. There is actually a nice bike trail along Bear Creek in Talent. I would use your own discresion about 'camping' at a city park or a public school in Ashland -or anywhere in Oregon for that matter. Police might knock on your door in the middle of the night -especially in Ashland! I think there is an RV park on the east side of I-5 at the Ashland Exit.

If your thinking about a place to park for just the evening, you might try Lithia Park near the Shakespeare Theater. However, not sure how big your RV is, it is pretty tight and hilly, and i know they crack down on overnight parkers there.

Chico CA
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RV parking downtown

Yes we are staying just for the afternoon/evening

and will head out for Bandon the next morning.

By the way there will be 3 GMC 1970 something

coaches, each 26 feet.

Any others options along the lines of a Wal Mart

but closer to town?

4. Re: RV parking downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 18:20