We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

California
Level Contributor
87 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

Hello, we are stopping in Ashland for one night on a road trip from the San Francisco Bay Area to the southern Oregon Coast and Redwood National Park. There are five of us: 2 parents, 3 kids (15, 12, and 10). Because we will be in Ashland such a short time, I'd like a hotel that is walking distance from the theater. We will be traveling in late June and already have tickets to a play (night we arrive) and tour (next morning).

Martinez, California
Level Contributor
2 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

I also live in the Bay Area and have traveled many times to Ashland - a lovely town, and great theatre. If you have a family I would recommend one of the motels in walking distance to the theatres. I liked The Stratford Inn, a 2-3 block walk, has an indoor pool and a cafe on site. Another motel in walking distance with a pool is The Best Western Bard's Inn (haven't stayed there.) The Plaza Inn and Suites is close to the Bard's Inn, more like a hotel. The closest hotel is probably the Ashland Springs Hotel. Near that is The Columbia Hotel which is more moderately priced, a European style hotel with bathrooms down the hall. I loved staying there, but maybe not ideal for a family. Check out Trip Advisor reviews to get a more complete feel for each of these properties.

Los Altos...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

We stayed at Maxfield's just a few doors down from the Safeway and 3 minute walk to town.http://www.vrbo.com/302211

Level Contributor
37,720 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

The Plaza Inn & Suites would be perfect for your family. Spacious rooms, great breakfast in the morning, outdoor hot tub and beautiful spacious grounds. Enjoy your travels! :).

Redmond, Washington
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

We vacation in Ashland regularly and have stayed at both the Bard's Inn and the Stratford Inn. The Stratford Inn is a longer walk and is smaller, but all the rooms have a lovely view of the main street through town. One year we were there for July 4 and had a view of the town parade from our room. The Bard's Inn is close to the middle of things and has been our hotel of choice the last couple of visits to Ashland. I would recommend either, but get reservations early. Those two hotels sell out quickly.

If you want to be really close, the Ashland Springs Hotel is in the same block as the theaters. It is on the historic register and on the pricy side, but we have never stayed there and so can't give you a review.

Edited: 14 January 2014, 04:47
Level Contributor
37,720 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

We have also stayed at Stratford and Ashland Springs. We love Ashland Springs, it is a historic hotel with nice amenities but the rooms are small. :).

6. Re: Hotel walking distance from Elizabethan Theater?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 05:17